26•careful

🧬War's POV🧬

Not gonna lie, I'm happy. I feel as if there's some instant relief I'm feeling. That's all because of Yin. He somehow managed to help me with everything.

A place to stay. A refuge from what just happened to me.

He's a fixer. He fixes me. Before and until now. He finds way, he's a man of action, and he's dedicated. It really is no shock that he's where he is now.

I smile at the thought as I eat lunch with my co-workers.

"That's an entirely different smile from yesterday." Gulf whispered as he eats a forkful of his salad.

Was it just yesterday? It felt like a lifetime.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Don't know? You know what's been buzzing since this morning? That the President has the goods on you. An almost divorced billionaire, an obvious history with you. I'm not saying anything, other than please don't forget about me when you become Mrs. Wong." He whispers and that made me smack his head.

We both laugh but then my boss, Mr. Dao cleared his throat and we both stopped and got back to our meals.

"So, as I was saying... a couple of weeks from now, for our team outing we're travelling to, brace yourselves people, Bali." He said and we all looked shocked.

Bali? A freaking 4hr flight?

"I know what you're all thinking. But we just got a greenlight from the higher ups. Since we're recently acquired by W Holdings, our team got the Golden Ticket everyone. Our budget went up to 10times the usual. So, we're able to afford a better trip. Now... just last night, the Employee Benefits team sent me the three proposals for our trip, Bali is the best proposal, so I already approved that." He explained.

He then went on to discuss the duration. It's a 5-day vacation, all expense paid, and a based on what he said, will be a lavish trip. Business class airplane seats, Five-star hotel, private yacht, and a private tour of the island.

I doubt it's a 10x budget increase, more like 100x. God damn, how rich is this company.

Willing to throw away, like what, 5 million Bhat? For one trip.

This has Yin written all over it.

The whole team is buzzing with excitement for the whole afternoon. People were super excited and the other teams are just bursting with envy. There are about 300 people in the pharmaceuticals company. There's 11 people in our team. 11 people getting all these perks.

At exactly 5PM, I heard my phone ping. I looked over and it's from Yin.

'Wait for me. I'll talk with your boss about yesterday and we can go home together.'

Home. Together.

Then I remember what Gulf already said from what happened yesterday. If we do this again today, it'll be a bad idea. Very bad.

'Not a good idea boss. I'll wait at your place.' I responded.

I didn't get a response as I was clearing up my table for the day.

I was about to leave when Yin passed my cubicle. People looking at him as they saw him enter the floor.

Then I heard a ping on my phone.

'Fine. Max will drive you home. He's in the basement.'

"Mr. Anan is here because?" Gulf whispered beside me. I didn't even hear him roll his chair.

"I heard from Ms. Xie, there's a meeting of some sorts. About that project manager role that was removed from her." Milli answers Gulf's question.

"The thing is, we don't even know why it was removed from her and transferred to War. Some are calling biased, some even says it's because War is an Omega. You know... Xie's an Alpha and may not be as 'favorable' for Mr. Anan. I mean that's what's going on around the Pharma." Coo added as he leans down to me.