Chapter 7

Akashi felt dread while he walked towards his father's study. The dull hearbeats that he felt was enough to make sure that there were nothing good coming out from the elder's mouth. However, he remained composed and silently saying that it was nothing but just a nightmare.

He knocked the sturdy wooden door, before entering and gave his father a small bow out of respect. With an icy expression, he spoke, breaking the silence that filled the air, "Otou-sama, I'm noted that I have to meet you here, in your study. Anything matters involving me?"

Akashi Masaomi lowered down the newspaper that he had been holding - now fully directing his attention to his only son. Their eyes met for a moment, but he noticed that his son would quickly break it. With a sigh, he said with a bored tone, "Indeed I've called you for some matters that involve both the future of the company and your life."

His father's words made him unconsciously flinched. Despite living with the man for nearly sixteen years, he had to admit that the coldness of his father's voice managed to make him shudder. And to think that he was inheriting such coldness - Akashi mused. Nodding his head slowly, he replied, "May I know what is it?"

Masaomi placed both of his hands on the table and his mahogany eyes never once leave his son's figure. "Come, Seijuurou." He motioned him to come closer and the moment Akashi reached to his table, he tapped a few papers placed in front of him. "You may have a seat."

"Thank you otou-sama." Akashi managed to mutter out. He glanced at the papers that were now placed in front of him. Curious, he reached out to one of them and waited for his father's explanation. Most of it looked a form and some detail explanation that he didn't bother to care. Something's bad is going to happen...

"Seijuurou, I'm sure that you realized that the Akashi Empire that I built within the years are going to be ruled by you one day. Because you are my son, the one and the only who deserved to lead the company to infinite success." Masaomi spoke.

Akashi merely nodded. "Thus, being the successor of such company isn't easy, I realized - but as my son, this is the moment for you to start to know and learn about our family's pride and joy as soon as possible," he paused, "And that's exactly why, you need to lend a hand in keeping this company at the top of the throne forever."

Akashi knew it was his responsibility to ensure the company's prestagious name, but he felt it was still too early for him to bear such burden on his shoulder. He was busy in school, along with managing the basketball club and attending all the classes his father provided. This is not going to end well...

"I am aware that you barely have a time for yourself, son - but do realize that you are free to quit the basketball club if it was necessary - since this is an important matter."

Akashi tensed at his father's word that acted like a knife - slowly and painfully stabbing his heart.

Noticing his silent son, Masaomi continued, "And now, a bigger threat is facing us." Akashi raised his brow. Was there any companies that actually stood on the same level as theirs? He wasn't so sure, but he was certain that it was the main point of their discussion now.

Just as Akashi about to open his mouth and ask his father, he was cut off.

"Nakazuki Trading Corporation."

.

It was hard to believe what happened yesterday. It was real, but it was surreal at the same time. It felt like a nightmare at some point, but a part of her traitorous heart stated it was a wonderful dream. She was truly confused.

At the same time, she was almost sure that the council president was acting a little strange.

Out of nowhere, he hugged her amidst the rain.