Voluntering

You walk into the Humane Society with your boyfriend Thomas. You too volunteered I work there and help with the dogs and cats. You loved animals!
The big of you go to the front desk.
"Hello. We are the new volunteers." you say.
The lady ask you to tell you your name.
"Y/F/N." ( your full name) you say and Thomas says his.
Once the lay saw our names, she got up. "Please follow me." she said.
You and Thomas followed her into the back room, with all of the dogs. Once they saw us, they started barking.
You whispered to Thomas, "I want them all." he smiled and whispered back, "Anything for you, love."
The lady, who's name was Pam, told you all of the dogs names, how to feed them, when to play with them and everything. Then she showed you the cats and everything that involved them.
* a few months later

You come home from the Humane Society. It had been a hard day. There was a dog, Muffy, who had to be put down because she wasn't adopted. You had left early because you didn't want to be there when they out her down. You had grown attached to Muffy, but your apartment wouldn't allow pets. You wipe a tear from your eye, when you look down to see a text from Thomas.
Thomas❤️: Meet me in the park in 10 minutes.
Y/N: Ok..... Y?
Thomas❤️: Just come ok?😘
Y/N: Ok
* 10 minutes later
The sun was setting as you walked down the pathway in the park to meet Thomas. You see him on the bench. Ge turns around and smiles. Then, Muffy comes around the corner! "Muffy!" You say and you run to her. She runs up to you and you pet her. Thomas walks up. "How? She was supposed to be put down today?" You say.
"Well," he said. "I saw that you and Muffy were close and I heard that she was going to be put down. So I adopted her today."
"But my apartment doesn't allow pets." You say.
"That's the other thing I wanted to talk to you about." He said.
He got down on one knee and opened a box. "Y/F/N, will you do me the honor of being my wife?" "Yes! A million times, yes!" You exclaim. Muffy barked as if to say she agrees.