twenty two

so two people decided to comment on the last chapter, thank you.

my next story is going to be a larry one, ayy.

* * * * * *

Lucy's POV

Did you ever wake up with the same person on your mind that you had when you fell asleep. Have you ever felt that way that you want to be closer to someone? The person you love feels so far away yet is so close to you. Have you ever felt unable to be with the person you love? You feel defeated and like it's impossible to love and kiss that person in public. Have you ever had that feeling deep down when you hold your love, your life, you feel them slipping away each time you think about how you both are ever going to have a future together? The pain it brings you? How hurt you are?

The thoughts about quitting flow through your mind. About leaving it behind. It's tempting. But I could never leave Harry. I love Harry. With all my heart. I can't run away from it. It's here, it's real. And I'm gonna have to deal with it.

I grab my phone as I stretch and yawn.

Me: Morning.

Daddy: Good morning, babe. Sleep well?

Me: Yeah, s'alright. You?

Daddy: Perfect. Couldn't stop dreaming about you in my arms, with a beautiful ring on your finger.

Me: A ring?

Daddy: Yes, we were engaged.

Engaged. To Harry. That would be a dream coming true.

Me: That sounds almost impossible.

Daddy: You won't be saying that when the time actually comes.

Daddy: Trust me, it will.

Me: I love you.

Daddy: With all my heart.

It was like he could read my mind, or something. It felt like he knew that I was thinking that exact same thing as he said it.

The events that occurred yesterday still flow through my mind. My mother hitting me, me and Harry on the phone. I'm scared. I'm afraid to lose Harry, and I'm afraid of my mother. I'm afraid she'll somehow find out about me and Harry. When she does, we'll probably move to the other side of the country and forbid me to talk to him ever again. There would be no possible way for her to be okay with it.

I get out of bed and throw my phone on it. The bright sunlight shines in my room as I open the curtains. Fresh air fills my nostrils when I open my window just a tiny bit.

I decide to take a quick shower before I get dressed and walk downstairs to eat breakfast.

My mother is in the kitchen preparing breakfast.

"Morning." I murmur.

"Good morning, honey." she chirps.

"You're in a good mood today." It sounded like a question. It wasn't.

"Why not?"

"I don't know. It wasn't really a question." I roll my eyes.

"Look, sweetie, we need to talk."

Shit.