Chapter 8

Ravia's face was filled with regrets when she said her brother, who stole her spot, and her lingering feelings were separate matters. But there was no hint of hatred at all.

It just like she simply existed. Like a butterfly that won't be tied to anything, but will flutter away when you reach out your hands. Just like a diminishing dawn. Or the sunset that scattered into the dark night.

“I'm leaving Leontine. Forever.”

How could you do that?

Tidwell was genuinely curious. No, he had a lot of questions about his sister.

She was the type of person Tidwell had never seen before.

She was willing to let go of her position despite her lingering feelings, and she even waited for someone to take her position away. However, she didn't lose herself.

A person without malice.

She seemed tired of everything and lost her spirit, yet she also seemed the exact opposite.

As if she was unaffected by whatever changes happened around her. She was as bright as willow branches in the spring sun.

“I've had enough of struggling for an unattainable goal.”

She spoke as if she was going to disappear.

That kind of Ravia was, indeed, unfamiliar to Tidwell.

It was better if she attempted to kill him. Since she had the absolute right to hate him.

Where in the world can you find an animal that won't cry when its possession is taken away?

Before stepping into the duchy, Tidwell expected his sister would be against his adoption and brush him aside. He thought she would glare at him with contempt or insult him…

Either way, he didn't expect she would welcome him.

She didn't give up because she didn't have the ability to do so. Ravia was fully capable of killing Tidwell.

If it was Herod whom she met today, it was unknown what would happen to Tidwell.

Despite all that, Ravia said.

She was leaving Leontine.

It was hard to understand. So Tidwell spat out mindlessly.

“Don't you hate him?”

It was a question he couldn't ask with a straight face.

“Don't you want to take back what has been stolen from you? Don't you hate your father who abandoned you and your brother who took everything away from you?”

“How can I not hate it?”

Ravia smiled slightly. But anyone could tell that it wasn't a smile of joy.

“It's not that I don't know how to hate people. I never said I'm leaving because I don't have any regrets either. I once dreamed of becoming Duke Leontine, too.”