Powder Blue Suited Warlocks & Halo Glowing Girls

"Mr Herondale, I think we've waited long enough, don't you? It's time to start taking action." Magnus said strutting into the infirmary room which what seemed to be a bright powder blue suit with black glitter shoes with a matching tie. He also had a black cane and top hat to match.

"Magnus, aren't you a little overdressed for such an occasion?" Jace asked as he turned round. He was blocking the space between Clary and Magnus.

"What occasion would you be talking about?" Magnus answered.

"Oh you know just that Clary finally slept for the first time this week without waking up screaming in pain. She's a) still glowing and b) she still stirred a little but apart from that the rune seems to be working quite well." Tessa commented.

"I'm awfully glad to hear that news," Magnus said with a tight smile seeming like he was in pain because he hadn't healed Clary. "Do you know where Alexander is? I happen to have not seen him in a matter of many days."

Jace stood out of his chair to reveal a slightly glowing Clary laying asleep on the infirmary bed. He walked over to the many textbooks that were laying open on the table.

"Maybe if you turned around you'd find out." Alec commented. Magnus turned around and started beaming immediately.

"Come Alexander we have much to do in such a short space of time." Magnus said kissing Alec on the cheek and walking out the infirmary.

Clary started to stir and slowly opened her eyes as Brother Zachariah walked into the room.

"Sorry for my absence over the last few days, I haven't quite felt myself and needed time to rest." Brother Zachariah said.

"Zachariah it's perfectly fine it's all under control." Tessa answered.

"Jace." Clary whispered. Immediately Jace was at her side.

"Hello, my love. Please, I beg if never to leave me for that long ever again. Do you feel okay?" Jace said pleading.

"I'm better, better than before most definitely." Clary answered. She lifted a hand to see if she was still glowing. There was still a slight glow to her body but not as bad as she knew it has been.

"You really look like an angel now." Jace smiled kissing her forehead.

"I hadn't realised that angels now glowed from head to toe." Clary smiled back.

"The very special ones do." Jace answered his smile widening.

"I'm awfully sorry to interrupt but Clary I just need to ask you a few questions, if that's okay. I don't want to intruded." Brother Zachariah said walking over to Clary's bed.

"Of course it's fine Brother Zachariah." Clary answered. Brother Zachariah pulled a chair over and sat down.

"I'll be back in a minute, I just want to talk to Tessa." Jace said and kissed Clary's forehead again. He got up off the floor and walked over to where Tessa was scanning a textbook.

"Now Clary, before you drew this rune you were talking about a dream that you had been having, could you possibly tell me about it?" Brother Zachariah asked. Clary took a deep breath in, she knew someone was probably going to ask about her dream but Clary was hoping that she could keep it a secret for as long as possible. Clary sat up crossing her legs as she did.

"When we were in Edom I had a dream about what my wedding would've been like if Valentine and Jonathan were the Valentine and Jonathan I had wished that they had been. Jonathan and I would've had a little sister, Val, she would've been so beautiful and such a great Shadowhunter. Sorry, I'm going off track. Anyway, me and Jonathan would have these conversations about how he was always going to be there for me. No matter what, that everyone would be especially Jonathan. When I first started having the dreams Jonathan gave me the rune." Clary answered.

"Interesting and Sebastian never told you what to do with the rune?" Brother Zachariah asked, as if he was making sure of what he already knew.

"No Jonathan never told me what the rune was for." Clary said putting emphasis on Jonathan's name. That's the one thing that annoyed Clary whenever anyone would talk about Jonathan they would call him Sebastian.

"Thank you Clary, that's all I need to know for now. If I need anything else before myself and Tessa leave at the end of the week I'll come and find you." Brother Zachariah answered standing up and turning to leave.

"Wait, you're leaving?" Clary asked.

"Unfortunately Tessa and I cannot stay here forever. We have our own duties elsewhere." Brother Zachariah said and swiftly left the infirmary.

"What did he want to know?" Jace asked sitting down in the still warm chair that Brother Zachariah had just vacated.

"About my dreams." Clary answered.

"That makes sense. How are you feeling?" Jace said.

"I'm feeling okay. Much better than I was before. Am I still glowing?" Clary asked.

"Slightly, but it's getting there. The rune's the worst part that's still as bright as it was when you drew it." Jace answered turning Clary's arm over and tracing around the outside of the rune that had been burnt into Clary's mind permanently. Silence came over Clary and Jace. As it did Clary started thinking and thinking and thinking. Tessa called Jace over to where she was stood. When Jace had gone Clary picked the engagement ring up from the bedside cabinet next to her bed and stared at it for a minute until Jace came and sat on the bed cross legged across from Clary. She held the ring out to Jace.

"Here." Clary whispered not looking at Jace.

"What's this for?" Jace asked.

"I'm a mess and I was guessing that you probably don't want to marry me. I'm probably just going to be like this all the time." Clary answered looking at Jace through her eyelashes.

"Morgenstern, don't be so stupid. I love you today, I loved you yesterday and I'll love you for as long as we both live whetherthat be until tomorrow, next tear or until we grow old. I'll always love and choose you. Every single time." Jace answered sliding the ring onto Clary's finger and kissing her softly.