Chapter 19; Between

She was a ghost, she was unseen, and unheard of. An identity trying to live the best of both worlds. One of which was the sweet world I had encased her in, secondly the world outside the capsule, another cruel life, yet one bittersweet. June wasn't betraying me, but she wasn't being fair. She was simply amid a tug of war, a desperate battle pulling her to both sides constantly. She was truly making an effort to pull herself on my side, but temptation and lust fought back, it was a near impossible game to finish for June.

Shelly was also endangered by the lies that surrounded us. Her precious life was in the hands of a heart-broken father, a struggling mother, and a dying team. I once said she was traveling through the blackness of a mistaken marriage, and I believe that I wronged our marriage. There was once a time, where life was ongoing and there really wasn't worry involved- where a bad day could be fixed with a date or a party- where when anything went wrong, there was some kind of ideal solution. I guess in my own terms, you could say "those were the days.". We need those days back, they were the recovery of us, the mending of us, the days that sealed us.

There's a special line that I tend to keep close within me, "Where every moment faded into black." I believe that this has nothing to do with oblivion or the evil that we face in this world, while it has to do with recovery. We all make mistakes, that's quite evident. Some say we never truly recover, we are lost within a vast world of scars and covering up is the only possible way to escape. We hide these scars to cover our mistake, but it is moments like these where true recovery takes place.

I was driving into the blackness and emptiness of our speckled sky. June was in the passenger seat quietly sobbing, while I clenched her hand in mine. We have a place in this world, everyone of us, mine was with June and June's was with me. We faded into the black of night, recovering off each other's fixed love. Our place in this world is very hidden, but we only need each other to pursue it.

"June?" I asked hesitantly.

"Yeah, Daryl?" She replied quickly, yet softly.

"I hope you know through all of this, all of this stupid crap, I love you. And I always will." I knew June was an emotional and sentimental person, but I needed to know that she knew I loved her. "June I won't always be there, I just can't. I love you too much to let you go though, I need to trust you June, I really do, but.

"But it's hard, I know." June cut in fast, she was on the edge of her last bit of happiness and I needed to show her that I wasn't mad and I did care, but June will believe anything that goes through her mind.

"June, I really don't have another way to say it. It is hard and I can't be doing this much longer, I need you to care for me as much as I care for you, and love me the same, but I don't feel that you do and it is really starting to hurt." June was crying uncontrollably now, her tears made mine fall inevitably.

"Daryl, please! I don't know what to do." She said while she rolled down the window, to let in the fresh farm breeze.

"June, I really can't do this right now. It's really difficult to talk about your problems, when there right in front of you." I said with the taste of regret in my mouth.

"How could you- how could you just throw it all away. Just like that." June said harshly, I knew now she was angry, I regret every word I said simply because she was trying, trying to cope with the doomed situation.

"I'm so sorry June, I never meant to, it's just- I'm just- we're just dealing with our problems. I'm sorry."

"I lied." June said quietly.

"About what now?" I was already frustrated with her behaviour, this piling on top hurts, I am suffocating.

"He never forced anything, I never forced anything, it all just happened." She said as all the tears started pouring back down her face.

"Whatever." I said immediately resenting every one of June's words.

It was midnight, the sky was now a black and white dotted blanket covering our world. It seemed slowly as we drove the stars flew behind us, everything was shrinking in the side mirror of the car. June had her head up against the seat belt, sniffling towards the window. We were gradually breaking, we hit impact of misery- of despair- of sorrow. I saw the city come into view, a horizon of bright lights and beautiful skyscrapers. Slowly, everything became its true size, the buildings grew and the cars weren't just a speck of light anymore. Once a bond was created, now it was sealed, and flames have broken the seal, we're vulnerable.

...
How was Between?
Comment, vote, follow.
I'm so sorry I haven't been active lately!!