Chapter 35

Hope you like it :)

"Lydia, are you okay?" Lacey came and sat next to me, moving the pillow off of my head.

"No," I groaned, this entire night was a disaster that I was determined to get out of it with my voice heard.

"I'm done with Ronnie, officially. I'm sorry Lydia," Marcus spoke up and I immediately straightened up.

I got up, walked over to him and sat next to him on the couch while Lacey watched.

"Thanks for believing me," I whispered, quiet enough Lacey wouldn't hear.

"Of course we believe you, are you kidding. You're blood Lydia, you got to remember that. You see all these people at this party," He looked over through the window and we saw all the people from school laughing and having fun, "None of these are blood, none of them. Not even Lacey. If it came up I would drop her in a heartbeat for my family."

"Because in the end it's your future that effects me the most. You guys are the ones I'm gonna be around for the rest of my life. Why sacrifice you for even a minute for someone I'll only be with temporarily. You gotta put things in perspective Lyd, think beyond the situation."

His words were about himself but in reality were for me, they opened my eyes and I finally understood them. Nothing was worth losing the trust of my family.

"But honestly Lydia, if this guy makes you happy I don't know why I would keep you from that," My jaw dropped.

Was he saying what I think he was saying? Had this event broken down his harsh walls?

"I need Felix to come home, I honestly don't know what I'm doing anymore. I'm not responsible enough I'm a fucking failure," Marcus put his head in his hands.

I just sat frozen, there was too much going on in my brain to comprehend what was happening. On one hand three of the most important guys in my life were most likely killing each other upstairs, on the other my brother was admitting his deepest insecurity to me and revealing the fact that he wasn't all on board with the no dating rule.

"No Marc don't say that, you're a great brother, you are responsible and you can handle anything. It's just me that screws everything up. Everything that has caused you to question yourself was caused by me and I'm the idiot. I'm sorry." I was on the verge of tears. The second I said these words out loud I knew they were true.

I always used to think if Marcus or Melvin had a girlfriend I should be able to have a boyfriend. This much was true. However, Marcus and Lacey never interfered with my life. Their relationship never made me ruin my friendship with anyone, their relationship never made me question myself as a person, it never made me question the trustworthiness of my brother.

I realized my relationship with Damon did all those things to the people around me. Our relationship was a whirlwind of passion and romance but also destruction. It was built up around lies and deceit. I went against my whole entire family and hurt the ones I loved.

Now sitting here, staring at my older brother I knew what I needed to do, it wouldn't be pleasant but when was the right thing ever pleasant?

One thing I had learned for sure, and would always keep with me was that family truly was everything.

La Famiglia e tutto

*6 weeks later at the airport*

We stood nervously at the arrival gate flowers and balloons in our hands.

The day we had been anxiously waiting for was finally here, our family was arriving from Italy with the addition of our cousins and their parents.

The first person I saw was Greg, walking out with a huge grin on his face when he saw all of us. I chucked the flowers in my hands at Joseph and sprinted towards him. I leaped and he caught me, I clung on like a koala bear.

"I missed you kiddo, did you get fatter?"

"Shut up," I jumped down and smacked him, looking back I saw the rest of them.

"Bella! Vieni qui princess," Come here princess, My father hugged me tightly and passed me to my sobbing mother.

"Bambina!" She hugged me tightly and I inhaled her familiar perfume.

One by one I was being passed off from my mother to Leo who gave me a quick squeeze, then to Felix who grabbed me by the face and kissed my cheeks before throwing me roughly to my three cousins.

"Georgie!" I screeched and hugged him fiercely, "Mickey! Theo!"

I greeted my Aunt and Uncle warmly and they both commented on how old I had gotten.

"You don't look like you're eating, were you eating. Did they feed you? Marcus why does she look like a skeleton. I told you to keep watch over her eating habits!" My mothers voice screeched.

"What? She didn't eat?" My father asked confused.

"No she definitely got fatter," Came Greg's voice behind me and we all laughed together.

Hugs, tears, and sloppy kisses were passed all around as my family was reunited again. Felix slapped Marcus on the back lovingly and he grinned.

A lot had happened. Marcus and I had a better understanding of each other, he was an insecure guy trying to live up to his brothers, and I was the little sister unknowingly making his life harder. We got past it though and are on good terms.

"Hey Joey," Joey on the other hand was totally unaffected. Sure he was confused but we talked it out and he felt better. He realized that was why I had become so distant from him and after a round of ice cream he got over it real quick.

Melvin though was still, six weeks later, mad. Not at me, or Damon, or even Ronnie, but at himself. He blamed himself for Ronnie's insane crush on me, and then he blamed himself for not setting Ronnie straight the first time he found out.

Although they had lied to me about Ronnie I forgave them. Ronnie forcing me to kiss him was on their hands, I followed the words of my mother and realized the guilt of that was punishment enough.

Melvin was slightly distant but as the weeks went by he got more and more like himself. Hopefully now that the whole family was back he would be Melvin again.

I ended up forgiving Lexi for lying to me but I haven't been able to get back to the way we were just yet. I still felt betrayed that she never told me about Ronnie's crush. I knew there was something she still was not telling me and I knew sooner or later I would find out.

Ronnie had apologized to me after Melvin stopped Damon from beating him up. Damon cussed him out and Melvin stopped him from hurting him. They did however scare the shit out of him and threaten to kill him if he ever touched me again.

And now on to Damon. I sat down with him the day after the party and I think he already knew what was coming. My brothers and him were on good terms but I still was not on good terms with myself.

I couldn't live with myself anymore and Damon understood that my relationship with my family came first.

There were tears, buckets of ice cream and the ever so frequent drunk texts from the both of us. But in the end I was able to pull myself out of it.

Now we all sat in our shuttle bus on our way home.

As I reflected on everything that happened to me since my family left I smiled. I felt like a different person, nothing too drastic but it was surprisingly relaxing not having the weight of my lies on my shoulders.

Now all that was left was telling the rest of my family and that was it.

That wouldn't be too hard right?

Wrong.

;) love you guys thanks for sticking around. sorry for such a late update I just couldn't get around to it. I will update again tomorrow or saturday on what exactly the next part of my story is gonna be.

I hoped you liked it, sorry if you don't :( love you guys <3