Chapter 13- Eventful night

*Andrew's POV*

Shay was probably on her way so I put the popcorn in the microwave, when I heard a car pull up into the driveway. I left the door unlatched so she would come in. I walked out into the living room, where the door was and I saw someone I had not expected. Melanie Haynes was in my living room. If Shay and I weren't a thing, I'd choose Melanie any day. Before I knew what was going on, she stepped up to me real quick and before I could open my mouth to question her barging in and presence, she crashed her lips onto mine.

What.

My mind was reeling. I know this was wrong but at the same time, this is something I would have wanted if Shay and I weren't together...if we weren't. Felt weird to know this wasn't something I should be doing, yet I was. I got lost as our lips moved in sync and I didn't even notice when the front door inched open.

It was only moments after I realized that Shailene was standing there in the room. That was when Melanie pulled away. Why was she even here, why did she do that? I didn't know she had a crush on me..too. This was totally irrelevant to think of right now. What was I supposed to do now? Make an excuse? Because I'm pretty sure I looked equally guilty.

I looked at Shay afterwards and see the shock on her face when she saw Mel's face. This was gonna be hard.

Before I could say anything, she stalked back out into the darkness and what confused me most in the moment, was the snug expression on Mel's face.

'What did you just do?' I asked Mel with the same amount of surprise Shay's face spoke.

'What I wanted to do for a real long time now.' She smiled as if she gained her long-time longing and I think I could say the same. But, on my part, it was just a fantasy. I needed to talk to Shailene. She would believe me, even these days, she isn't really getting me and my conflicted feelings.

Melanie walked out, got into her car and drove away within the matter of seconds as I was thinking. She left me a bit dumbfounded.

What was happening to me? What was all of this happening? Couldn't my fantasy come true kiss just go unseen? Why did Shailene have to arrive just at that moment? I needed to talk to Melanie too.

*Shailene's POV*

Good thing Veronica was still on the phone in her car. She hadn't left as yet. She was looking at me. No, she was looking behind me. When I turned to see what she was looking at, I saw the the Camry start up and drive away. When I saw Veronica's expression when I turned back to her, I realized she had also seen who it was. She ended her call and confronted me. 'Why was she here?'

'She wanted a little well wishing I guess, she sure got it good.' I was more annoyed and confused than sad.

'What do you mean?' She sounded real curious.

And, if she found out, she'd kill Melanie. I was being serious. 'She..uh..was kissing Andrew, he..well..he seemed to be enjoying it.'

'Melanie?' She laughed....then it faded. 'Please tell me you're joking.'

I strained my voice because I didn't want to talk. I was too busy swallowing back my emotions. 'I kinda wish I was.'

She looked where she was looking before. I realized that it was Andrew when she looked at me with that daredevil look in her eye. 'Can I-'

'Veronica, no.' I laughed at her reaction right now. She was going to beat him up, I was sure.

'Why not Shay? First time you said it was an accident, but if he wanted to break up with you in the first place, he should've just said so.'