51

Hyunjin's expression turned sour as he noticed my previous interaction with Minho. "So, you showed him the place?" he mumbled angrily. I hesitated, unsure of how to respond. "N-no! I mean, he had my location on and...," I began, but was interrupted by Minho's outburst. "What if she showed me this place? What does it have to do with you, pretty boy?" Minho said, his tone laced with jealousy. Hyunjin's eyes narrowed as he replied, "Pretty boy? Okay, first thing, get your ugly ass location off my girlfriend's phone." Minho's face contorted in shock as Hyunjin used the term "girlfriend." The tension in the air was thick as the two men faced off against each other.

Minho's voice trembled as he muttered, "You never told me...you guys were a couple." His expression was one of shock and hurt, and Hyunjin seemed equally taken aback. I tried to defend myself, "I mean, you didn't give me a chance to!" But Minho had already turned away, his footsteps echoing as he walked off angrily. Before I could follow him, Hyunjin placed a hand on my shoulder, stopping me in my tracks. His eyes held a mix of jealousy and hurt, and I could see the tension between the two men escalating. "Don't," Hyunjin said softly, warning me not to pursue Minho any further.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I mumbled, "But Hyunjin...he's my best friend." The conflicting emotions inside me made it hard to decide what to do. Hyunjin's voice was firm as he manipulated the situation, saying, "Yes, and I'm your boyfriend." I nodded weakly, feeling torn between my loyalty to Minho and my growing closeness with Hyunjin. "Okay," I whispered quietly, submitting to Hyunjin's request. He pulled me into a tight hug, burying his face in my neck. "Don't think about him...okay?" he whispered, his words only adding to my hurt. I could only manage a small, disheartened "mhm" in response.

"now lets get you some heels for the party, hm?" 

--

As Hyunjin engrossed himself in a conversation with the cashier, haggling over the price of my heels and makeup, I found myself drifting away mentally. Standing in a corner, my gaze fixed on a random object, my mind wandered to thoughts of Minho. Memories of our time together flooded my thoughts, reminding me of all the moments he had stood up for me and even scared away bullies. My heart ached at the realization that our relationship had been strained by this revelation.

"Babe?" Hyunjin's voice snapped me out of my reverie, and I forced a smile. "Oh...yes?" I replied, my mind still lingering on Minho. Hyunjin wrapped his arm around my shoulders, and his touch felt both comforting and stifling. "Babe, do you want anything else?" he asked, his tone filled with a sense of obligation. Uncertainly, I handed him my card, but he returned it back and used his own. Shocked, I stammered, "Th-that's like $100! I- you already bought the dress for me, you don't have to buy me everything." My words trembled with a mix of gratitude and unease. Hyunjin brushed it off casually, saying, "Let me spoil you, cutie." He leaned in and kissed my cheek deeply.

As I gathered my newly purchased shoes, dress, and makeup, a wave of mixed emotions washed over me. Unlike previous parties I had attended, this time I didn't have Su-ri and Seungmin by my side.  the absence of Minho, due to our ongoing drama, felt like an empty void. Felix would be there, but deep down, I longed for the presence of everyone. It seemed as though everyone was turning against me, as if I was the problem. The weight of that realization hit me hard, and a sense of loss consumed me. It felt like I had lost not only Minho, but everyone dear to me.