Chapter 30:: Drunk on Emotion

The picture to the side was a submission to the graphics competition. Unfortunately, because they submitted more than once, I could only enter one. That doesn't mean this isn't the most adorable banner ever though. Thanks percabeth5599 :D

Chapter 30// Drunk on Emotion

Jesse's lips press onto mine before I can even process what is happening.

Jesse just said he loved me. He just said that he loves me. Not Rita, not any other girl- he loves me. Confusion is clouding my mind like thick fog- filling my conscious with questions, none of which I have the answer to. The only thing keeping me from reeling is the soft, firm pressure of Jesse's lips on mine. I am rooted to the floor, but I am soaring in the stars all at the same time. No matter how much confusion I feel right now, there is not a chance that I am ruining this moment. Jesse's lips are soft and slightly damp, moving against mine with gentle longing. I've never been kissed before, but the happiness bubbling in my chest is enough to rise me onto my tip toes as I loop my hands around his neck. I've been dreaming about this moment for so long, it's hard to believe this is real.

Our lips move together in synchronisation, his hands moving from their place on my cheeks to tuck my hair behind my ears. His fingers trail fire down my back until reaching my waist, and he pulls me closer to him. I didn't realise that it was possible to crave closeness this much, but every nerve in my body seems to be alight kissing Jesse. My whole body is filled with sunlight: warming every inch of my body with happiness and radiating an aura of pure bliss. My hands tease the strands of hair at the top of Jesse's neck. I should be wondering about Rita, about why he's kept his feelings hidden for so long, but my mind can't concentrate on anything but him. I'm learning Jesse Dales: the way his hair is softer than mine, the way his lips move and the warmth of his skin. This is my class right now, and I'm considering doing extra credit homework. The teacher is a complete hottie.

Eventually our lips separate, and the cool rush of air to my lips is enough to ignite a fire of yearning in my chest. The kiss was sweet, and passionate and gentle all at the same time. I couldn't have dreamed it to be any more perfect. I catch my breath slowly, my eyes burning into Jesse's. I should ask him about Rita. I should ask him what all of this means, but I can't bring myself to.

What I can bring myself to do though, is kiss him again.

It's short and sweet this time: only a few seconds long, yet it sparks the same feelings as the first. If every kiss with Jesse is going to feel like this; like I'm completely drunk on emotion, then I hope I'm permanently intoxicated. I pull back, lowering my feet to the ground and unwrapping my arms. Jesse watches me, and he's grinning the happiest grin I've ever seen him wear. His hair is ruffled, his dimples are showing and his lips are red. I wonder if they're tingling, like mine are.

"I love you so fucking much," Jesse murmurs "And you haven't even realised for so long."

I try to laugh, but my throat is thickening with emotion. "I thought you said you love that I'm so dumb? I love you too, by the way, but you already knew that." My smile, which I think is permanently plastered onto my lips, fades for a second and I take a deep breath. Bliss like this won't last forever: it's time that Jesse explains to me everything he's refrained from telling me before. I pull out a barstool, ignoring the mop which falls to the ground, and take a seat. Turning to face Jesse, I realise that I won't regret kissing him one bit. Not even if he still is dating Rita, although I doubt that now. "I think," I begin, looking at him, "I think now's the time to talk."

"You're right," Jesse cringes, nodding. "I have quite a bit to explain to you."

"Well I've got quite a bit of time," I smile shyly. Jesse takes a seat opposite me, and grabs my hand across the gap between us. His hands play gently with my fingers.