"No, it's not..."

Summary: The family's happy moment is interrupted when Alcina goes to the kitchen to order dinner. Miranda comes home under the influence of drugs and alcohol and attempts to reform a relationship with Alcina, despite their divorce.

Notes: TRIGGER WARNING; This Chapter may contain/ contains subject matter that may be upsetting or potentially triggering to some readers. Please be advised that this chapter mentions; divorce, smoking, drinking, domestic violence, mental health issues, sexual assault, physical violence, underage relationships, and cheating. It also includes themes of dubious consent and contains other sexually explicit content, and foul language that may not be suitable for readers under the age of eighteen.

The Author would like to stress that they do not agree with the behavior or actions of specific characters in the below chapter and later chapters, and are fully aware that this kind of illegal action is wrong and illegal. The Author would like to note that she has experienced trauma, and encourages anyone who may be going through a difficult time, either due to mental health or trauma-related reasons, to remind the reader to reach out to a professional who is licensed to help with their issues, no one should have to go through it alone.

I was standing at the kitchen sink looking out the window when the door opened abruptly, I didn't look away from the window. But I could see Miranda quietly assessing me in the reflection,

"Not a fucking word Miranda, not a single word"

Miranda sat down her briefcase and removed her blazer, her hands tucked into her pants, she approached me slowly.

"Draga mea, look at me, who's ever going to love you? Who's going to look after you and keep you safe?"

She snaked her arm around my hips and pulled me closer to her,

"I can look after the girls, and I can take care of myself. Why do you even care? You made it abundantly clear that we are nothing but burdens to you, pests that you have to deal with"

Miranda kissed my temple,

"You are being over-dramatic and stubborn"

I backed away from her,

"It was written in the comments in the copy of the divorce you sent me, I purchased a house and got a different job, why are you acting like this now?"

Miranda gently placed her hands around my waist and kissed me on the lips, and I could taste it, I shoved her roughly away from me and she let out a startled scream.

" Miranda you're fucking drunk you smell like cheap whiskey and Marijuana, and we are divorced"

Miranda stumbled towards me, pushed her hands down my pants, and began sloppily kissing me, I shoved her hands away and she punched me, I let out a startled cry,

"Get off of me"

Karl rushed into the room with my girls behind him, and he grabbed Miranda, pulling her off of me and dragging her towards the door by her shirt collar. He punched Miranda stunning her, and shoved her out the door.

"Mother, are you alright??"

The girls were doting on me, and I felt suffocated. I was close to an anxiety attack, I got away from them by locking myself in the laundry room. Sinking against the door, and hugging my knees to my chest.

I could hear Miranda shouting outside the house pounding on the door trying to be let in,

"FUCK OFF MIRANDA"

Karl growled,

"Girls take Juno upstairs and go to Bela's room, I'm gonna get your mother to come out and talk to the police, it will be okay"