19-♫-The Scientist of Narnia and Heartbreak

♫-Chapter Nineteen

            I stare at the littered plastic wraps that were labeled ‘Root beer popsicle stick’.

            My fingers and face felt stick and the soda pop after taste of root beer lingers in my mouth as I prop my legs on Teegan’s lap. We were all watching Narnia.

            Everyone was gathered in the living room, three boxes of root beer ice-cream scattered about. I had eaten five.

            Groaning, I rub my stomach and Teegan looks away from the TV, catching my gaze. “Full Fat Aria?”

            I purse my lips. “Stop saying that.”

            “Voluptuous,” Teegan teases me, smacking the ‘p’.

            “Chubby bunny,” he continues, pinching my arm.

            I glare at him as he continues his fat jokes.

            “Chunky,” Teegan comes up with. I snort with laughter. Chunky. What a loaded word.

            Zach, who is sitting on the floor, looks up at teegan and I who are sitting up on the couch. “Shut up! Will you! My poor Lucy is going to get killed.”

            I raise my eyebrows, teegan rolling his eyes and tossing a melting popsicle stick- still in the package- at Zach’s face.

            It smacks Zach squarely in the forehead.

            Growling out an insult, Zach returns his attention to the screen.

            Minutes later, Zach smiles.

            “It would be so dope if beavers could actually talk,” Zach says excitedly.

            Sometimes I wonder if the boy was actually seventeen.

            He was like a six-year-old little girl wearing a pink tutu.

            “You would have to be on dope to see a talking beaver,” Trey clarifies, his cold, better than thou attitude appearing.

            Teegan laughs and Zach glares at the both of them.

            As silence falls over the room, I look to my right and see Tro lounging on the couch, his head lolling forward and backwards with sleep.

            “Aslans alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Zach suddenly roars, making me jump in the air.

            Tro’s head snaps up, his eyes hard and alert as he scans the room for danger.

            Tro always seemed to be so alert and ready, like he was waiting for something bad to happen.      

            It made me kind of sad really. It made me feel like whatever happened to make Tro that way had to be really bad. Tro deserved happiness.

            No matter how much I despised Maria, I couldn’t reject the fact that Tro loved her. It was the way he looked at her, the way he smiled secretly. It was the kind of love that Tro had for Maria that I coveted. Me, being such the romantic, dreamed of that kind of stuff.

            Now, I’m not saying Maria was worthy of being loved by Tro because all she did was ignore him, but I was somewhat biased.

            Unable to refrain myself, I turn back to look at Teegan, his hair messy, eyes bright and defined jaw highlighted under the light.