Chapter 21

Um...so this story may look weird cuz my computer sucks and I'm not sure how to fix it...so if it looks weird sorry, try reading it on a computer cuz that seems to work. If it doesn't look weird, then don't worry about it ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have you ever had one of those dreams where you feel like you're falling and you begin to flail in order to catch yourself, but then all at once you find yourself laying in your bed? Safe and sound.

Well that's kind of how it felt to fall off a cliff. The only difference was you didn't have the luxury of waking up in your bed, safe and sound. Instead, you find yourself plummeting towards whatever lay under you. In my case, that was a large body of water

The wind whipped around me, stealing my breath away as my hair slapped at my cheeks. The man's arm tightened around me, signaling that my decent was coming to an end. I forced myself to inhale deeply, drawing as much oxygen into my lungs before we hit the water.

Then I waited.

It felt as if an eternity passed, my mind flying through millions of different thoughts. But they all ended in the same conclusion; I was shit out of luck. Because no matter what happened in the next few minutes, I wouldn't be able to swim back to shore. My leg was torn and bleeding, rippling wave after wave of pain through my body. If the shock of hitting the water didn't kill me, the pain definitely would.

Abruptly, a loud blast consumed my ears as my body was plunged into the dark depths of the ocean. The cold water washed across my skin like a blanket or a cocoon, wrapping me up so tightly that I had no hope of escaping.

The man behind me clasped both arms around my waist and began swimming down, pulling my basically drained body along with him. He may have been ordered to not kill me, but by now he must have known that he wasn't getting out of this alive. So why not take me with him in the process?

There was a loud explosion somewhere above me as the water threatened to invade my lungs, then two more after that. I looked up towards the sound and opened my eyes. And though my sight was fuzzy and practically unclear, I saw three dark figures swimming towards us. The man holding my waist began swimming away, pulling my exhausted body with him. The pain from my ripped stitches lagged my body and it's movements, and the water only slowed my motions even more.

But Marco was fast.

With his hands stretched out in front of him, making large and powerful strokes, his body rocketed towards me. I reached my hands towards him, my body burning for oxygen. Marco's hands clasped around mine tightly, jerking my body away from the man behind me. His nails scraped across my skin as I was yanked from his hold but that pain was nearly nonexistent to the pain surrounding my leg.

Marco shoved me towards the surface, my limbs suddenly snapping awake and pumping hard to get me to the sweet oxygen I had been longing for. I expected him to follow after me but as I neared the surface above, I realized that I was swimming alone. As my head broke above the surface, I sucked in a huge breath of air, coughing out the water that had dripped down my throat.

I had the sudden urge to sleep, kind of like how you feel when you've stayed up all night and you physically don't have the power to stay awake any longer. The water splashed around me, threatening to pull me back under if I didn't fight against it. Marco would fight if he were in my place, anyone would fight if they were in my place. I had to fight too, I couldn't let them down.

So I tread water, just barely keeping my head above the waves but I knew I couldn't stay like this. I had to find the shore.

Someone else popped up beside me, their hands grabbing gently at my arms. Panic captured my heart and I began swatting at them, hoping to drive them away so I could escape. If the man had made it back to me, what had become of my bodyguards?