Chapter 5: Everybody's Soles Are Dirty.

Everybody’s Soles Are Dirty.

CHAPTER 5

Kayla

My hands were hurting like crazy. All because of that jerk there. I hope that his hands are burning in the fires of hell or something. Heck, I hope he burns in the fires of hell.

Both of us had known what punishment the principal would give us. He would tell us to scrape off the graffiti on the school wall. And so he did.

Some sick person was in the habit of marring the school walls with his obscene artwork. Everyday the people who volunteered would clean it only to clean another one just as obscene the next week.

Soon, they got tired of doing this every week, which made Principal Baxter start this tradition of punishing people for the pettiest of offences and getting them to clean the graffiti for free. After school.

What an economical way to torture students.

Today’s drawing starred a semi-nude woman with surgically implanted (impossibly big) boobs, who was apparently giving the boys a 'message'. It’s come out really bad.

The message was: “Get It Up and Do Me”

What is the exact meaning of ‘It’ here is a controversial subject with suggestions ranging from condoms (from the sexual awareness group) to a certain organ in the male anatomy (from the rest).

The sexual awareness group is obsessed. I mean, how are you supposed to get a condom up? It’s going to be what's inside the condom that comes up right? Whatever.

I had to wipe away the message while Kincaid was told to clean the woman. Nice view but hard work for him; the principal was partial to me. Not that I’m complaining.

I rubbed my hands together and let out a long suffering sigh. To which Mr. Jerk here reacted with a suspiciously pig-like snort. Which brought me to the problem at hand.

I was a calm person (no sarcasm there), and the thought that somebody hated me so much as to risk cleaning the graffiti was deeply disturbing.

I mean even Courtney bitch hated me but she didn’t have the guts to insult me in front of the teachers and risk being punished. Plus she was freakishly unnatural and a complete kleptomaniac, and not in a good way. She had a very high affinity of other peoples’ boyfriends.

And she couldn’t get mine.

Matt was my ex-boyfriend and a great friend. I know there’s supposed to be a big fat story out there, but actually it was really very simple. We both decided to experiment the sparks between us, and it didn’t work out because the sparks stopped after about two months.

We’re still great friends and that too without the awkward Don’t-hug-me-we-used-to-date thing. Seriously I don’t know why people make such a big deal of friends with benefits anyway. It didn’t work out for us.

So, yeah, Courtney was sort of abnormal for wanting to kill me because she couldn’t tempt Matt.

Sadly, Mr. Jerk here had almost seemed normal before this week. Therefore, there must be some reason for his hatred. And this reason was eating me alive.

Already.

Martha’s always telling me not to bother with what other people think of me, but usually other people think good of me so I don’t have to bother about what they think.

I mean, the jerk had called my face sick. I’m not overly vain, but even I realise that my face is most definitely not sick. The jerk really had to have a twisted mind to confuse my face with a sick one.