Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Hailey

It was a big risk, questioning him about wolves, but it had to be done. He thought I didn't notice the way that the room quieted down and everyone tensed up. He was a good liar, though, I'll give him that. If I weren't a hunter and didn't know about werewolves and such, I almost would have believed him. Almost. 

But that was the other day. Today is Saturday and tonight is the Fire and Ice Dance, which I am going to with Chase. Is it weird that I get all tingly when I think about him? 

Shaking a certain blue-eyed boy out of my head, I rolled out of bed and made my way downstairs and into the kitchen, where David was standing sipping his coffee while reading the newspaper. Neither of us said anything to each other. We were both still upset about our little disagreement the other night.

Pouring myself my own cup of coffee, I sipped it and felt comfort in the warmth of it. Walking out of the kitchen, I was just about to start the climb up the stairs and into my room when the doorbell rang. Furrowing my brows, I walked over and pulled the door open, a slight chill greeted me as I did. The weather was slowly getting cooler. Well, as cold as it would be in California in December. Lily and Rebekah's grinning faces greeted me. 

I gave them a skeptical look, "What are you two doing here?" 

"We have to get ready for the dance, duh!" Lily announced, shaking her head at me before pushing her way inside. Rebekah followed and I sighed, shutting the door and following them upstairs and into my room, though I didn't miss David's curious look from the kitchen doorway. 

When I finally made it back into my bedroom, I found the girls had sprawled all of their things all across my bed. I sighed, "Why are we getting ready at 11 AM exactly? The dance doesn't start until 7!" 

"Which means we're already behind schedule!" Lily chastised before sitting me down on the edge of the bed and holding a whole bunch of makeup shades to my face. Rolling my eyes, I snatched it from her and gave her a look that said 'you need to take it back a notch'. She stuck out her lip, pouting, "Oh, come on, let me do your makeup! Please?" 

"No way, ma'am. Last time you dolled me up for the party you made me look like a total slut!" I exclaimed, folding my arms over my chest. Man, it's getting easier every day to act like I'm their friend. 

Rebekah laughed, "You can do mine, Lil." At that, she grinned and the pout completely disappeared off her face. I walked over to my bean bag and curled up in it, watching as Rebekah yelled at Lily for burning her with the curling iron... again. When Lily wasn't burning Rebekah with the curler, she was poking her eye with the eyeliner pencil. When she was done with Rebekah, she threw her dress at her, "You are a terrible client, I'm never getting you ready ever again!" 

She only stuck her tongue out in response. 

Lily glanced at the clock and her eyes bugged, "Hailey, you need to start getting ready ASAP!" 

Rolling my eyes, I finally stood up, "Okay, okay. I'll go get ready." 

Stepping into my bathroom, I began curling my hair, letting it fall down my back in nice, loose ringlets while pinning the front of both sides back with barrettes. Lily worked on herself next to me and we were both applying makeup. For me it wasn't much different than usual, just actually putting some eye shadow on and contouring a little bit and applying a light pink, almost nude lip stick. Deciding that I was good on makeup, I headed into my closet and pulled my dress out of the bag and slipping it on. It was a perfect fit, hugging my body up top and exposing my curves, but also flaring out at the bottom. It was white, with red floral lace completely covering it, save the nude ruffles where it ended just below my butt. Pairing it with nude pumps, I stepped out and laughed when Rebekah whistled at me. 

"Whistle at yourself, girl!" I complimented back. She looked amazing in her white dress. Lily had also opted for a white dress, though hers was very tight and, dare I say it, a bit on the slutty side, but I mean, keep doing you, I guess. 

The doorbell rang and pulled me out of my trance. Looking at the clock, I saw it was 7:00 on the dot. Huh, I guess it really does take eight hours for three girls to get ready for a dance. 

We made our way down the steps and to the small foyer, only to find Luke, Josh and Chase standing awkwardly while David stared at them, glaring especially hard at Chase. Of course he'd be glaring at them; they're all werewolves and Chase is the Alpha. David's no idiot and he knows that I would never befriend a werewolf unless they were someone with power whom I could use. 

Rebekah skipped over to Josh and he picked her up, kissing her. Lily sighed as she walked up to Luke, "Did you even bring me a corsage?" He rolled his eyes and surprisingly brought out a flower that he wrapped around her wrist. 

That left Chase. He stood in front of me in a suit, black on black on black, with a red tie being the only color difference. He stared at me, lips slightly apart and I couldn't help but blush. Before I could make my way to him, though, David placed his hand on my shoulder to stop me and took a step forward, pointing threateningly at Chase, "You be good to my niece, you hear me? If not, don't think I won't hesitate to come after you." 

Shocking me, Chase swallowed (nervously?) as he nodded, "Yes, sir." 

Rolling my eyes, I smiled and walked up to him, placing my hand in his that he offered, "Shall we?" 

Laughing, I nodded, "We shall." 

~

a/n: SO SO SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED!! I'll try my best to update regularly and I know this update is short as it is, but I promise the next chapter will be worth it, just bear with me!!