Part 90

Freen's POV

Rose and I went home. Rose was puzzled like I was. She needed to leave though to avoid suspicion. Lax Kirk and I are kow gathered in my office.

Lax: (thinking) Liza asked me for help to take care of everything. She made me report to Grandma that it was all her doing, she made it clear that Kirk and Freen did not participate in anyway. She also said that it was only her who mentioned the truth about Freen's arrest.

My Grandma does things that needs to be done and that's the reason why I can't help but think that it was all her doing. She even tried to kill me so I know that she's capable.

Freen: (serious) When will Grandma arrive?

Kirk: (responding to Freen) Today at exactly 16:00 hours.

Freen: (cold voice) Let's wait then.

We waited for Grandma to arrive and as time passed by guards kept coming making the mansion a full house. Grandma showed herself and I can tell that she's disappointed, tired and a  hint of sadness in them. She quickly entered her office and I followed.

Grandma: (serious) What question do you have for me?

Grandma's nonchalant behavior about Liza made me angry but I held it in.

Freen: (cold voice) Liza's dead. Did you know?

Grandma's eyes turned into sadness and she looked away.

Grandma: (weak voice) Good. Then problem solved.

I slammed both my hands in anger into the table. "How could she say that? Did Liza mean nothing to her?!!"

Freen: (anger) Did you do it?! Did you kill Liza??!

A part of me tells me that she didn't do it but I just had to confirm cause I don't know what I would do if she took Liza away from me.

Grandma's eyes soften and again I saw sadness in them. She responded with a sigh before speaking.

Grandma: (serious voice) It doesn't matter who. At least it's over. She was supposed to die Freen but yet you chose her over me. Guess if it's your time then your time.

I clenched the table hard until my knuckles turned white. I want to hurt her back but I can't and that made me laugh in frustration.

Freen: (shouting) Seriously?!! It doesn't matter who did it cause it's already taken care of!!! I can't believe that I even have to ask you when you're willing to kill me and make me suffer just for your own benefit!!!

My voice gets louder by the second that Kirk and Lax enter the office.

Freen: (teary eyed) You keep on saying that I forgot my family that I threw what I worked hard for and abandoned them for Rebecca.

My tears started to flow thinking about my family and the way they brutality died. Because of this pain I actually harmed Becky a person who I truly loved.

Freen: (crying in anger) WHEN YOU'RE THE ONE WHO FORGOT THAT WE ARE YOUR FAMILY!! LIZA IS FAMILY AND FOR FUCK SAKES I AM YOUR GRAND DAUGHTER. How can you do that to me??!!

Grandma was speechless and the sadness she's been trying to hide is clearly visible. Kirk went to comfort Grandma and Lax is beside me trying to calm me down.

Grandma: (sad tone) I did plan to kill her but she was already dead before I could release a command. For your case I had to. I need to keep you away from Rebecca to protect you. Can't you see?

I looked at Grandma with coldness and that seems to hurt her.

Freen: (cold voice) I will never forget what you did but if you want me to forgive you then grant me this wish. We will be attending Liza's funeral and we will go there in peace. Try to do something bad and I promise you Grandma. I'll be gone in your life permanently.