Chapter 53

Malarie's POV

Friday

A very long and intense two weeks, has gone by since the death of our friends. I still can't quite grasp the concept of them being gone. It's like a part of me has disappeared, not having any clue as to why. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday's burials was the actual ding on the head. I knew then, that Jason and, my friends being gone... was in fact not a dream, but the absence of their reality.

Alex was buried in Canada, all expenses paid for, by their father. My family and I, was right by Jason's side, yesterday. Moe and Jacob, were both buried here in Nevada. Their funeral services, were held on Tuesday and Wednesday. I don't know about the others. I don't really care, seeing as they killed Jason's brother and friends.

Nothingness has filled my Jason's heart, leaving him feeling worthless and low. The nonexistence of everyone, has driven him deeper into his already known depression. He's not himself- he's distant, and quiet. It's like I not only lost friends, but I've lost my boyfriend too. He's become mute. Ever since he cried himself to sleep, in my dad's arms.

"Here you go Jase." A whisper found its way out my mouth, as I hand Jason his daily medication for his illnesses. He gives me a small smile, not making any attempts to speak to me.

Ugh. I miss his voice.

Jason has been staying with my family and I, this entire time. He had insisted on going back home- well he wrote it down. My daddy ignored Jason's little insists, and demanded he stay with us. I was in sudden shock when he said so. I don't know how many times I said thank you, but I'm sure my dad does. He literally had to cover my mouth with his hand. I am nearly seventeen weeks now, and I am feeling the pregnancy. I'm so stressed out, tired, and very hormonal.

Yesterday my mom, nicely drove Jason and I to the doctor. He needed refills on all his medications. His doctor from before- Dr. Mathews, proscribed him higher dosages on all his meds. Which is a good thing, because he needs that. He still hasn't gotten over his, Bipolar disorder, Hallucinations, and his Neurosis. Dr. Matthews did let us know, that his depression has come back. That was definitely a tugged on my heart. Jason didn't seemed fazed at all.

"Hey you two, dad and I are going to work. No school today?" My mom spoke, while holding Albert in her arms. "No, not today. I told Jaden to get my work. But, mommy remember I'm doing homeschool too." I assured her, as I rub Jason's back. He is sprawled out on the couch- with his head on my lap, watching TV.

"Damn it, I keep forgetting that you're taking up homeschool now. Okay well that's fine. Jason do you need anything before we leave?" She asked so politely. He fixed his attention on my mom, shaking his head... not saying a single word. My mom's face dropped a bit. But she quickly replaced it with a smile. He's still will not talking.

"Okay then, you two be good." She pecked us both on our heads, walking to the front door. "Will, baby we have to go. You still have to take Albert to daycare." Mama called out, from the bottom of the stairs.

"I'm coming woman." His footsteps descending downward. "Nia, I don't have time to take Albert today... I'm already running late sweetie." I could here a curse word escape from my mom's mouth. "It's your turn to take him today William! You already had said you would last night." Mom was shouting loudly at my dad. I was also aware of Baby Albert sniffling.

Listening to my parents go back and forth scared me to death. They have been so stressed lately. Probably because their second daughter is pregnant. I stress out everyone. My thoughts were soon interrupted by a tap on my arm. I looked downward at Jason's baby like face. He gave me a weak smile, along with my notebook. I took hold of the book, reading what he had to say. He communicates by writing in this book.