Chapter 32

She gave me a slight smile back and that's when I knew, I had given her a small ounce of hope.

"Now everyone please sepearate into three different groups. Try to make them as equal as possible."

They spread out and scampered to their friend's groups.

"Hopefully everyone is in a group," I stated searching around for any out of place soul.

I handed them a slip of paper which contained what group or mission they had to complete.

The first group filled with mostly smaller children had the task of
finding the exit. I gave them that job of course because I don't want little kids trying to knock out grown ups. Just like schools, I wanted these kids to be safe. I was practically their guardian since none of their parents were in here.

Some of them looked afraid and that was exactly what I didn't want. I couldn't expect too much because after all they were little kids at heart. Who wouldn't be afraid of dying?

The next group was again mostly separated by age of course.

This group meant a whole lot to me because they were in charge of finding who I cared about so much. His life was depending on these people and that was a lot to take in.

Last, I gave the final group the job of making sure the Regulars didn't get anywhere.
They were mostly around Harry's age so I trusted them to be able to knock them out successfully.

"Mavis which group are you going with?" a little girl asked that was standing by my side.

"Your's," I stated swallowing the big lump that was in my throat.

Of course I wanted to go to save Harry, but they needed me. The little kids needed someone to guide them and I was just the person to do it. I loved these children and they needed a guardian angel. Of course I wasn't a real angel but I could save them and that was all that mattered to me.

"What?" a man from the group that was going save Harry asked shockingly.

"I have to protect them, I've got no choice. If they get hurt I'm pretty much the only way to save them."

"Mavis he's your boyfriend you have to help save him, a girl insisted.

"I trust you. Just please bring him out alive," I cried through clenched teeth.

"Don't worry Mavis, we'll bring him to you even if some of us die fighting for him. We won't give up," a tall girl ensured as she gave me a sympathetic smile.

"Right team? the girl asked the group.

"Right," they yelled in unison.

"Thank you," I paused and gave a smile to each and every one of them.

"It really means the world to me, he means the world to me."

"Everyone please get some good rest and we'll be up bright and early tomorrow morning." I commanded as everyone started to head to their designated spot on the floor.

We only had the cold tile floor to sleep on but it could be worse.

"Goodnight, everyone," I said as I turned out the lights.

"Goodnight, Mavis," they replied back to me in unison.

I was the only one that didn't get any sleep that night. Everyone else was fast asleep but I just couldn't stay still. My mind was racing and my thoughts were unclear and fuzzy. Eventually, I fell asleep to the sound of crickets chirping outside the only window in the room.

"Mavis, they are here. Run, Mavis Run," he shouted getting more distressed by the minute.

As I turned my head to look back at him, I saw him being dragged away but by who?

I couldn't see anyone dragging him so why was he being taken away from me?
I sprinted down the hall and eventually I was able to hold on to his hand.

"Mavis, it's too late. I'm sorry. Save yourself, do it for me, love," he told me his voice soft and angelic.

"But what about you?"

"Mavis, if one of us gets hurt it's me."

"I can't."

"Just do it, Mavis. For me, please run. Please?" he whispered his voice drifting and his words becoming inaubile.

He was getting weaker and there was nothing I could do about it.

"Okay," I agreed and he gave me a soft smile at the word.

As I sprinted the other way I decided to look back and in that moment he was gone.

Gone forever.

WOOP. I PROBABLY JUST CONFUSED EVERYONE. Anyways, this isn't the end, don't worry. I'm not gonna leave you all confused af and sad. Well I might later lmao.
I feel like my strong suit is endings because I never can start anything. I am legit the worst at the beginning of chapters.

Anyways, here are the mentions. gbhope halfxheart StockholmSyndrome11 and
LegitEatingrn