Breathing her last

HEY GUYS

ENJOY THE NEXT ONE:

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Vansh woke up with a jolt. He sighed, shaking his head. His brows furrowed, he was too warm to be good. Looking down, his lips curled up, Riddhima was wrapped around him like a koala. Her faint breath tickled his skin as he nuzzled her face deeper into his neck.

His eyes darted towards the closed door as another session of loud banging against the door made Riddhima stir, leading to her enveloping him further. It seems like his little wifey wanted to crawl under his skin and make him his permanent resident to drown out the noise disturbing her sleep.

The banging shook the door again, rattling the peaceful bubble warped around them. But like they say, bubbles are meant to be popped. Wrapping his arms around Riddhima carefully, cautious of her wounds, he turned sideways, pushing her onto the bed. She grumbles in her sleep as he slips out of her arms, but doesn't wake up. Legs dangling out of the bed, he sat up on the edge of the bed palms fisting the mattresses on either side of him. He sighed, blinking rapidly as he tried to push back the headache when the door rattled again.

Rubbing his forehead, he got to his feet. Picking up the gun, he loaded the magazine. Though he knew everything was safe, it was his warehouse, a fort Knox designed and decided by him only. But you can never be too sure.

Gun hidden behind his back, held firmly in his hand Vansh opened the door but relaxed to find only one of his underboss on the other side of the door. The man stepped back seeing Vansh and bowed to him before speaking,

"Bad news, King",

Vansh's brow arched up in a perfect curve. He looked over his shoulder, Riddhima was still sleeping. His lips curled up just a fraction and were gone the second he tore his eyes away looking back to the front. He stepped out of the threshold, closing the door behind him. He looked around, the alley was spotless, which meant the doctor's body was taken care of. Cracking his neck he nodded toward the man,

"What is it? Hit me",

The man gulped, licking his lips. His eyes glued to the floor as he replied,

"King, Umm, Anupriya escaped."

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

A shriek escaped Sia and Chanchal's lips when the loud clanking of metal resonated inside the safe room they were hiding in. Angrey looked over his shoulder, a finger on his lips he gestured for them to be quiet as he stood with his gun pointed right at the door. The background faded for him, his eyes stuck on the heavy metal door waiting for it to slide apart and reveal what was waiting for them from the other side.

They were inside the Safe room in the basement of VR Mansion and only he and Vansh were aware of its presence. He successfully extracted the entire Rai Singhania family and got them here under fifteen minutes of the attack on the Mansion. However, his mind was still baffled at the weird behavior of Ishani whom he got here first. The fact she refused to let him go after reaching here and kept clinging to his hand in a death grip. He couldn't decide whether to take her as a total coward or a selfish person who doesn't care whether her family lives or dies.

His ears prick with the sound coming from the outside again. He was not happy with the fact that he missed all the fun and was stuck here and had to babysit the family members while his men fought with the enemy. With Vansh he had become accustomed to being on the front, to be in the line of fire and defeat whatever headed your way.