Chapter 73

Ravia couldn't even argue. Rette had perfectly hit the nail on the head.

If it had been a completely nonsensical story, she would have been able to brush it off easily.

Although there was a difference in how they remembered the missing time, Rette's explanation was undeniable.

The memories that flooded back starting from a certain moment and the distorted memory.

Those two things left her in doubt.

What if I remembered my past before going back in time in the form of a book?

Looking back, did I remember anything about my past life except for the content in [His and Her Spring]?

No matter how much she looked back on her memory, she couldn't remember anything. The only thing that came to mind was the novel [His and Her Spring].

At that time, her only focus had been survival, so she disregarded the fact that she couldn't remember anything else.

But if I think about it a little more, isn't it suspicious? I don't remember anything. At the very least, I should remember what kind of person I used to be or what kind of life I led.

Why do I only remember this particular book so thoroughly? Is that even possible?

When Ravia was too stunned to speak, Rette continued.

“…Anyway, the Cheshire phenomenon can be said to be the manifestation of distorted memories caused by distorted time. Do you feel it too, Unnie?”

“…Maybe. The way I remember is a little different from yours.”

“I won't ask you the details of your memory. The important thing is that distorted memories can lead you to make wrong choices.” Rette explained.

The most terrible thing about the Cheshire phenomenon was not that you remembered the forgotten time to which you couldn't return, but the fact that you may remember it incorrectly.

So making the wrong choice in the present was a Cheshire Cat's nightmare.

Rette asked again, “How about you, Unnie? Has your memory held true?”

“…So far, yes.” Ravia replied with hesitation.

Everything in the book came true. Except for the ones that went awry because of her own action.

“It was just like my memory, at least in the parts I didn't touch.”

“Then you're not the worst. There are many people in Cheshire who have made irreversible choices due to the distortion of their memories,”

The more Rette spoke, the more anxious Ravia became. Because Rette's word choices were more dramatic the more she spoke.

Distorted memories, Cheshire Cat's nightmare, irreversible choices.

Ravia had reached this point based on the memories she gained the day she fell down the stairs.

But what if that memory was distorted in some part? If that was the case, was she also suffering from the Cheshire Cat's nightmare?