Chapter 4

Nate's P.O.V.

As much as I hated to leave Vanessa's house, I had to.  Her dad came out at exactly nine and told me and Andrew we had to leave.  I could tell just by the way he was acting towards me that he didn't like me, but I'm used to it.  People judge me based on my looks and what I do, they never really get to know me for me.

I hopped into my car and headed back to my house.  I walked in and Sammy was laying on the couch watching tv with a bowl of popcorn resting on his stomach.  I walked past and grabbed a handful and stuffed it in my mouth and sit on the end of the couch, stretching my arms on the back of the couch.

"How did it go bro?" Sammy asked, turning the tv down and sitting up.

"Her dad doesn't like me so that's nothing new.  But yo he's so strict it's crazy, at exactly nine he came out and kicked me and her step brother's friend out" I said and Sammy shook his head with a laugh.

"So are you hangin out again?" He asked and I shrugged.

"I want to but it will be hard with her dad, I mean she's eighteen he needs to chill out" I said running my hands through my hair.

"You could sneak around" Sammy said and I smirked.

"That would be kind of hot too" I chuckled "But if I see her that's exactly what we'll have to do" I sighed looking over at Sammy.  I looked down at my phone as a text from Vanessa came through asking if I made it home safely.  I replied that I did and then set my phone down until she answered.

"Bro are you smiling at her texts?" Sammy laughed.  I put my phone down and glared at Sammy.  "You were that's great!" Sammy laughed harder and I reached over and slapped the back of his head "What the hell?" He yelled and I laughed this time.

"That's what you get for making fun of me" I said and he shrugged.

"It's just weird seeing you this crazy for a girl" He said and I sighed.  I stood up and grabbed some more popcorn and walked around the corner.

"I'm going to bed" I yelled.

"Don't be too loud in your dreams" Sammy yelled back and I rolled my eyes.

"Shut the fuck up Sammy!" I yelled back before closing my bedroom door.  I pulled my shirt off and found a pair of basketball shorts and changed into those and jumped into my bed.  I plugged my phone in to charge and lay back and stare at the dark ceiling.

Sammy's right though, it's been a while since I've had these kind of feelings for someone.  Normally I just use them for a quick fuck but Vanessa is different, I want to get to know her and spend time with her before we have sex and I want it to mean something to both of us.  What the hell is this girl doing to me? She's turning me into some sappy guy, I mean maybe that's just who I really am on the inside and I just haven't realized it until now.  I groaned and rolled over and closed my eyes trying to get comfortable. 

All I could see when I closed my eyes was Vanessa.  Her beautiful green eyes that I fucking love, and her smile that takes my breath away.  And as weird as this sounds I can kind of hear her laugh, the real laugh where she tilts her head back and has to gasp for air.  I smile at the thought and roll back over and open my eyes.  

Oh man, I'm falling for this girl hard.

Vanessa's P.O.V.

"Van wake up" I heard Tommy say knocking on my door.  I groaned and pulled the covers up over my head as he opened the door.  "My mom and your dad want to talk to us" He said.  I sighed and sat up and looked at Tommy blankly and he laughed.

"About what?" I asked with a yawn.  I looked at the clock and saw it was eleven thirty and I was surprised I wasn't woken up earlier.

"I have no idea they won't tell me until you come" He shrugged.  I nodded and pulled my hair up into a messy bun and then stepped out of bed.  I grabbed my phone from the charger and followed Tommy down the stairs into the kitchen.