8- Tree Houses

READ THIS: I'm giving you guys an extra update bc one of my best friends ever just started writing on here and you definitely need to go check out the story that she just posted because it's incredible. Her username is goawaymattie . Go comment on the preface of her story and tell her how amazing it is and follow her and basically just go love her.

"We need to get curtains," Jasper tells me on Monday as we're hanging out in our apartment.

"We have curtains," I say slowly, motioning towards the ugly green curtains hanging in the window that we'd found at a garage sale when we were going furniture shopping. They were cheap and they fit our windows so we just went with it although they're really ugly.

"Sure, but what about this gap right here," He says, pointing up to his room that we can see from the living room, where we're sitting right now on our red couch- the only thing that we bought that was unused and brand new except for our mattresses.

"What about it?"

"I'm just saying that there's this huge gap so that you can see into my room from the living room and I can see into your room from my room. So what if we had a huge curtain that ran from the ceiling and then all the way down to the bottom of my floor. That way we have that privacy."

"You mean we need a curtain so that you can bring boys over and do the hanky panky?" I wonder teasingly.

"And so you can bring boys over to do the hanky panky too. I'm not only thinking about myself here," He says with a laugh.

"Okay, but even if there was a curtain there, it wouldn't do much to mask the sound," I remind him. "So it'd still be really awkward if either one of us brought a boy home."

"Well, at least it's something," He shrugs. "Come on, we just have to get the curtains, I found something in the storage unit in the basement that we can use to hang them up."

"Does it have to be a curtain?" I ask curiously, finally giving into his wish to put a barricade up between our rooms. I guess the added privacy would be pretty nice. "Because I have tons of extra blankets that we could use instead."

"Sure, that will work," Jasper says, pulling me off of the couch. My laptop is sitting on my lap so I close it and sit it on the couch where I was just sitting before following him up the spiral staircase and then onto my floor so that it's easier to reach the ceiling.

"What were you doing in the basement anyway?" I wonder.

"Exploring," He shrugs, handing me a small tool box that he'd grabbed from his room before coming up here. "There's not much else down there but if you want to store stuff, we have a storage unit in the basement. There's a bunch of spiders though so I don't think you'd like it very much down there."

"I'm never setting foot in that place," I decide. He had me sold at 'spiders'.

He grabs the chair that's sitting on the opposite side of my room and sits it right next to the ledge. There isn't any type of barricade that would keep the chair or an actual person from falling off of the ledge but the drop from my room to Jasper's isn't really that far. It would hurt but it's only about three/four feet.

I get my stack of extra blankets and then sit them next to the toolbox and then watch as Jasper goes into motion.

"Be careful," I warn him as he steps onto the chair that's so close to the ledge.

"That's what you're here for," He says. "Make sure that the chair doesn't slip and that I don't die."

"Oh, yeah, no pressure there or anything," I roll my eyes at him sarcastically.