Chapter 21: Not Alerick

Erica
"Dodge! Dodge! Dodge!"

Her moves were getting predictable to me. I was hoping she would give me another sparing partner. Trish only been training me for less than a week and I was bored with her. She swung her last punch at me and I dodged.

"Woah. You're getting better." She said climbing out the boxing ring.

"Better? Are you kidding me? I'm as good as you." I followed after her out the ring. She turned around to face me while rolling her eyes.

"Yes. At defense in human form."

"De-de-defense ?" I stuttered outraged. "What does mean?"

"Now you have to learn how to attack in human form then defend and attack in wolf form."

"You're joking right?" She glanced at me to clarify she wasn't joking.

"Well could you hurry this up? I have to go see Alerick."

"Oh I get it. You're only training to go see Alerick; not to be able to take care of yourself." She crossed her arms over her chest. I ran my hand through my hair that I had put in a ponytail before the training began.

"He hasn't contacted me in three days Trish." I said with a sigh. "Three days!"

"He's fine."

"How would you know?" I asked.

"He told me this morning."

"What?" She began to walk away as if I didn't just ask a question. "Trish! Answer me!"

I chased after her and grabbed her shoulder and twisted her to face me. She grabbed my hand and threw it off her shoulder before throwing a punch at me. I dodged her hit and sent a punch to her face. She grabbed my fist in her hand right before it connected with her face. She twisted my arm and I tried to move out her release. After I finally got her to let go of me, she tackled to me to the ground by connecting her inner elbow to my stomach. I fell to the ground and the back of my head hit the floor with the padding on it.

"What the hell Trish?" I yelled at her. She sighed before getting up and helped me up.

"Sorry. I wasn't supposed to tell you that and I got upset because I did."

"And you decided to take it out on me ?"

"Alerick is fine Erica. He wants you to focus on your training which we'll continue training tomorrow." She walked out the room before I could even say anything else. I need a hot shoulder.

The shower helped with releasing all tension in my muscles. Why wouldn't Alerick tell me if he was fine or not? And why wouldn't he want me to find out? He's been gone almost a week, five days, and it wasn't fair for me to wait in the castle and worry about him.

I turned off the shower water and grabbed my towel before stepping out from behind the glass doors when a voice frightened me.

"Don't stop on my account."

I let a scream and wrapped a towel around my body completely.

"What the freak Alerick?" I said after calmed my breathing. He stood infront of me by the bathroom counter in a suit; I always seen Alerick in casual but proffesional clothing.

"Alerick? There's no Alerick here."

"What are you talking about? And why haven't you said anything to me in three days but can contact Trish?"

"Trust me, if I knew you were waiting for me at home I would have never left in the first place. "

I looked up at him for the first time after he said that. He looked exactly like Alerick but his hair was longer and a little darker and he was also a little taller.

I tightened the towel around my body.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Not Alerick."

Alerick

After returning Rochelle to her home, I decided to stay in the comfort of the Artemus pack home to debate my next move. The Rogues haven't done anything in the past three days and I was beginning to think they gave up and it was time for me to return home.

My phone rang loudly in the silence of the room. I looked at the screen and realized that Gary was calling.

"Gary?"

"Alerick, I know."

"Gary, you cannot tell me incomplete sentences and expect me to complete for you."

"Alerick I know who's in charge of the Rogues."

Once again, I have left Gary in charge of the castle in Kent's and I absence but this time with an assignment. He was left to find out as much as possible about this rogue pack; by contacting the packs attacked. I was pleased the research was successful and it would make it easier to eliminate the problem.

"Well?"

"Alerick, you're not going to like this."

"Who is it?" I yelled at him through the phone.

"Its Dion; your brother."