Chapter 72

*SMUT WARNING... JS*

Bethany's POV

"Shut up."

I couldn't believe I had just said it... and meant it in the context I had put it. Usually when you tell someone to shut up, you mean it in a joking matter. Right now, I really didn't.

"I'm going to talk... and you're going to listen yeah?" I ask and he nods his head tentatively. I walk past him and out onto their patio. When he follows me, he stands by the edge of the pool and I shut the door, hoping we can keep the conversation on more of a private aspect.

I stare at him, covered in his white shirt and black jeans, trying to think of what to say. He looked so nervous as he practically chewed away at his lip. His hands were held tightly behind his back as he waited for me to begin.

"I'm so mad at you, and I'm so fucking hurt I can't even put the two emotions into words right now." I say honestly.

There was a brief pause... I wasn't trying to be dramatic. I was just scared at what I was about to say.

"But I love you." I conclude and that's all I really say to him. I didn't have much to say. We'd probably just keep going around and around, talking about the same thing over and over again, and honestly, I didn't want another one of those conversations.

We'd had the same conversation three times and it never got us anywhere. I'd tell him I still loved him, but I didn't want to be with him. He'd tell me he always loved me and he would do anything in the world to make me his again. I was sick of going around and around with it all.

His head cocked to the side with a small pout. He was trying to understand me. He was trying to get inside my head like he always did. This time, he couldn't figure me out. It aggravated me to no end. The one time I wanted him to understand what I was thinking, he had no idea.

"What does that mean?" He sounds so timid and nervous. He just stands there still trying to understand what I'm trying to say.

I decide to take the easiest way out of this damn mess, by walking up to him. My walk felt powerful, it was like I was on a runway, and Harry was the end of it. I felt myself gaining speed with each step as I got closer and closer to his body.

He was shocked as I wrapped my arms around his neck, and my lips crashed to his. So shocked, that he stumbled backwards, gripping onto my waist and letting us both plummet into the water behind him.

I shrieked as we fell into the cold water, laughing as we made it to the surface. I was clinging to him like a koala, barely able to feel anything in my body. It was so cold and it made my teeth chatter. Harry was staring at me, still stunned at what had just happened, and I was laughing my ass off. His face read his emotions completely. He still didn't understand me.

I stopped laughing, and pressed a chaste kiss to his lips again. My nose tickled his own, and our eye contact was extremely close.

"What's going on?" He says confused. I smile at him, shaking my head.

"Zayn made me realize something..." I smile even wider at the thought. "I can't keep going on in my life doing things that don't make me happy. I can't keep doing things in my life that make me unhappy. Not being with you, makes me very unhappy and I just want to be with you again."

He stares at me dumbfounded, his mouth wide open in shock.

"Is this a prank? Because only a few hours ago you were running away from me crying..." His hold on me only gets tighter.

"Not a prank. I just realized that even if you did screw up, I want to be with you. I understand the position you were in, and I understand what you were going through... I just wished that once you realized it was real, you would had talked to me." I tell him honestly, and he nods his head slowly.