Chapter 20; Twilight

We approached the serially lit street as it became larger as we gradually came towards it. June was calm in the passenger seat, her head was lightly pressed up against window. I could tell she was sad, hurt, basically broken. I hated seeing a loved one distressed, alike every other human that has ever experienced emotion, which should be all of us. June wasn't the type to break down, but when she did, it was devastating. Her emotions emitted from her heart as if it was a nuclear bomb, it affected all of us. 

I slowly came to a stop at the flash of a red light, glimmering in front of us. 

"Do you want to talk about anything or everything." I asked June, she had her face covered in the corner of the seat, she did not want to talk, but I knew it would help her recover.

"Talk about what?" June replied bitterly.

"You know what I'm talking about June, don't act like nothing ever happen." I was referring simply to everything that has brought our relationship down to hell. 

"I don't want to talk about it. I don't need to, there's nothing left to say." June said as she turned her head to face me. She was mocking me, and acting extremely childish and difficult.

"June, please. I have been patient, but it is becoming hard to deal with this, if you won't talk about it. The only reason I am being so demanding is because I care." I tried to grab her hand, but she quickly pulled away. "I love you so much, just think about who you are affecting with you abundance of sadness." I said with a slight smile appearing on my face, June didn't notice though, her face immediately turned to the window when I started speaking.

"I am sorry." June said after a couple moments. She started to alleviate and subdue the stress that had been bottled up for so long. Suddenly, an aura of happiness started to fill the car, while this was still very much painful, a glimpse of hope was apparent.

It isn't like this would all be forgotten, it was still obviously reeking between us. The fact that June cheated on me, and worse yet lied to me about it.  It was a lonely, awful, but uttermost unforgettable feeling.

The clouds slightly glowed grey-navy, with the darkest of all areas being black and invisible. The spots that the open sky appeared showed a star speckled sheet of blue, an almost stunning and unbelievable sight, yet we never appreciate what is right in front of us.

I took a right turn revealing our ten story apartment amid the bright lit, modernized abundance of life and business. The reflective, jet-black building stood mirroring all around it, including the beautified, dirty white moon that brightened the black sky. As cars flied by, June and I struggled to safely exit the car, once we did, it only took a couple minutes to find our rented studio in the hallway allowing the entrance to many other rooms. 

I unlocked the door and opened ourselves to a darkened room, full of shadows. With the flick of a switch, the entire studio flourished with light, highlighting the shadows. I found myself changing into a comfortable outfit while June brushed her teeth and wash her face. 

I was exhausted, I painfully moved my body onto my bed, and pulled the covers over my body, June appeared in the doorway, also exhausted. She finished in the bathroom and brought herself into bed, the lights remained on and June sat upright.

"Is everything okay?" I mumbled, I was very quickly falling asleep.

"Yeah, I'm just thinking." She said while she stared off into the wall. June didn't appear to be normal, she wasn't acting like she normally did. I was hoping nothing was wrong, but this was awkwardly unusual. 

"What are you thinking about?" I asked after I noticed that the lights hadn't gone out yet, and June remained in the same position the she originally had started in.

"I am thinking about life and how incredibly painful it can be, but at the same time; how amazing and unbelievably happy it can be, I feel amazing at one moment- in the next everything goes to hell and its chaotic and my mind in jumbled and out of control." She waited for a response, but I didn't say anything. "Sometimes I wonder if we can really fix anything at all, or whether we are all just set on a one-way path. In all honesty, the regret and betrayal that has bounded me to all this pain is unbearable. I need your help, I don't care where we go, or what we do, I just want to do it with you."

"Awe, that is really sweet June, but I won't lie. The pain you've caused me is unforgettable, however it is bearable. I forgive you for everything and just hope that you can move on, I really want to spend the rest of my life with you, and even though we now lack a lot of trust, it can be rebuilt, slowly but surely." I said quickly after June was finished speaking, she did not cry, I guess it has become- like I said, bearable. 

"Goodnight June." I whispered, she had already laid down onto her pillow and was starting to fall asleep.

"Goodnight Daryl." June whispered nearly silently, she was too beautiful and amazing to give up- So in that case, I never would.

The light of the moon shone over us in the darkness of our room. The fan oscillated the room and created a peaceful ambiance. June was quietly and silently asleep, I laid staring at the ceiling knowing, how much I love her, and how I would never give up, and through the storm of rages and unbearable consequences, we did pull through. I fell asleep with June in my arms, and the fan cooling our heated bodies that were peacefully embracing each other.