Chapter 2

With so many thoughts going through my mind, I made my way to the park with a heavy heart, anxious about what and how I'm gonna answer Taehyung.

When I finally reached the park, I saw Taehyung sitting alone on a bench and staring at the ground. When he heard my footsteps, he turned and looked at me. "Oh you're here," he said.

I slightly smiled and sat beside him. He watched every movement I made, waiting for me to say something.

"Taehyung ah..."

"You can't help me right?" Taehyung said, already giving up.

"Anni, I'm..." I paused and looked at him, "I can help."

Taehyung stared straight into my eyes, paying attention to what I was gonna say.

"I'm not doing for the money, though. It's just you're my friend and you seem helpless. But you must promise me that it's just six months," I said.

His expressions loosen up and he finally smiled, "Jinja? You can help?"

I nodded, "Six months, alright?"

"Yes! Six months! Promise!" He excitedly said and put out his pinky finger, "Pinky promise?"

I chuckled, "Yah! How old are you, still doing pinky promises, aish."

He grabbed my hand and still forced me to lock my pink finger with his, and I eventually did.

"Sorry for calling you out late at night. Also I understand everything's so sudden to you. But once it's all settled, it'll be fine," He said.

"It's okay. But it's been long since we met huh," I said.

"Yeah... remember when we were dating-"

"SHHH," I cut his sentence, "Do. Not. Remind. Me. Of. Anything."

He chuckled, "Araseo araseo. Um, you know about this marriage thing, we have to do it as soon as possible before my parents set up my marriage with that rich heir."

"Right, when?"

"By next week?" He answered. I choked on my saliva and coughed continuously.

"O-Okay... So what do I have to do for six months?" I asked.

"Well, you have to move in with me into a new home. Live with me, do what a wife usually does. Don't worry, I won't control your freedom. We just have to pretend infront of my parents," he said, "You're okay with everything right?"

"Well, I guess so..." I answered, "It's late already, I shall head home now, and I'll discuss about it with my mom."

Taehyung nodded, "Araseo, thanks alot, Hyejin ah."

With that, I slowly made my way home alone, feeling a little relieved.

***

I couldn't believe my mom was fine with me getting married at a young age though.

A week past and the big day finally came, This is it, I'm becoming someone's wife.

I was putting on my wedding dress and looking at myself in the mirror. Honestly, I sort off thought I was out of mind, and I should escape from the event. Why should I get married to someone whom I'm gonna divorce later?

I sighed. But then again, I'm already in the first step of helping Taehyung, and there's no turning back. It's just weird, looking at myself in the mirror, wearing a wedding dress, hair all styled up and make up caked on my face.

Suddenly, my mom entered my dressing room. "Hyejin ah," she called me and smiled.

"Oh? Eomma," I said and walked towards her.