✸𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫: 𝐚... 𝐫𝐞𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧?

The eerie atmosphere had finally gotten to the wind master, lightly clinging on to Ming Yi's arm behind him. While Shi Qingxuan himself had transformed back into his male form, the two being led by Crimson Rain, who was walking about a meter or so in front of them.

"What was that...?"

The wind master asked two whoever would be willing to answer, after about the 4th time they heard the slightest rustle, surprisingly, the one dressed in red answered him.

"It could simply be a fox for all you know, there's no need to lose your soul to what could only be a small animal. You're a God. Act like it."

"Hmph, there's no need to be so rude Crimson Rain, we're allies at the moment, are we not?"

"Allies. Not friends. Don't get ahead of yourself."

Ming Yi rolled his eyes at the pointless exchange that the two were having, scanning in between the trees around them, he didn't at all mind that Shi Qingxuan was holding onto him, but he simply pretended not to notice.

Hua Cheng was constantly on the lookout for anything that was able to help their case, he may have had an ulterior goal for this mission, but that didn't mean he would let innocents go harmed.

Suddenly he freezed. Causing the two behind him to halt.

"What is it."

Asked Black water, keeping his guard up. As Hua Cheng proceeded to order them to stay put, cautiously taking a few steps ahead. A rustle had frozen their steps, but this movement was different to the other ones they had heard, this movement, Hua Cheng knew all too well, making sure that he walked a far enough distance to be out of earshot of the Wind Master and He Xuan.

"You're highness..." He muttered under his breath, to which he got a reply.

"San Lang.."

Hua Cheng froze, he hadn't heard that name in years, and immediately spun around to face where the voice came from, yet no one was there to greet him. That didn't stop the mysterious voice from continuing to talk.

"San lang, why are you here? You should really be watching Ghost City."

"You're highness... Please-"

"I'm no longer a Crown Prince, there is no need for you to call me that. You know my title now."

"...Wh-"

"Crimson Rain!!"

He was interrupted by a stern voice of his fellow calamity, who came running with Shi Qingxuan behind him.

"Don't run off like that and not come back! It's been over an hour!?"

"What."

"Don't act dumb with me, you've been gone for an hour and ten minutes. Did you plan to just leave us here!?"

"Don't be stupid, it's been 10 minutes."

"Look at the position of the moon if you think so," He Xuan said sassily, arms crossed.

And so Hua Cheng did, he looked up at the night sky. He Xuan was telling the truth. The moon was in a significantly further place than it was when he left them, but how could that even be possible!?

The wind master spoke up,

"Crimson Rain, you were talking to yourself, I'm not asking this to belittle you but.. Are you feeling alright?"

Hua Cheng sighed, a hand on E'mings Hilt, who was shaking silently.

"I'm fine, Lord wind Master. There's nothing here, let's head back to the village and visit the infected, perhaps we can help somehow back there."

"Alri-" The wind master paused, walking over to beside Hua Cheng. He Xuan instinctively froze, but it went unnoticed. Yet what was noticed was the horror that formed on Shi Qingxuan's face as he knelt down behind Hua Cheng to pick something up.

"What do you look so petrified at? Seen a ghost?"

Hua Cheng gave his usual smirk at his snarky comment, but his face instantly turned cold as Shi Qingxuan turned around with a cracked, dirty mask in hand.

Half laughing. Half crying.