Chapter 23: The Business Condition

"There are things we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go." - Unknown

(Unedited)
Lauren's POV

I was waiting for him to tell me that he love me. That he doesn't want me to go with Anderson because he was jealous, that he doesn't want anyone touching me.. But minutes had past, he didn't utter any word.

He started back the engine and hit the road, this time... the silence is deafening. He didn't glance on my side, neither talk to me.

I don't know what he wants? All I need is a confirmation that I still owe his heart. But I'm too proud to asked it. Scared that he may deny it or it wasn't mine anymore.

Soon our house came into view. The old house the Mailov had live for long years, was 3 houses away from ours. They sold it when they left to Russia and they bought an estate when they came back, the day my parents died.

I quickly got out of his car as soon as he parked it in front of our house, not waiting for him to open the door for me. I just want to get away from him.

"Good Night Lauren!" he uttered when I'm halfway to the door. His voice was full of sadness. I turned around to see him. His hands are resting on his pockets, shoulder slumped. He was leaning against his car, looking defeated.

Why?

"Goodnight Zandros!" I replied, stifling the tears that's about to escape from my eyes.

"You're still going out with Anderson?" he added shortly. I wanted to punch him in the face. He doesn't want me to go with anyone but he can. He was acting like I was his, but he never accept it...

Damn him!

"Good night, Zandros!" I said, as I turn back on my heel to our door. He is just making it all hard for me.

I felt the lone tear, drop on my cheek. I unlock the door, with my shaky hands. I twisted the knob and push it to open and walked in, with a heavy heart. Then I closed it behind me, and I leaned my back against it. Slowly dropping my body on the floor. I felt so exhausted and hurt. The pain erupted in my whole body making me tremble with the intense of feeling broken in the inside, a soul-crushing pain. A pain in the chest that I thought it's going to explode. My heart is throbbing.

I hate this feeling. I hate it!

I freed the tears that had been threatening to fall. I cried silently, not bothering to wake up the people inside our house.

I lost him. There's no reason to stay here longer.

Is it hard to say it? Is it hard to accept that either he still love me or he had fallen into someone else? Why it had to be this hard? The pain was just too much! The familiar pain I felt when I lost my parents.. I felt my half was dead, and he took it!

Mom, Dad, I missed you so much.. I wish you are both here! I just wished I have someone to confide my problems. I felt alone. Why did you leave me? Why it has to be them? There's thousands of bad people around the world, that deserves death, why it has to be my parents?

Why??

I was sobbing and feeling choke, when the light in the foyer was turned on. Tata Rieta was on the stair looking at me, in daze. Then she frantically walk to my direction.

"Oh my goodness Lauren. What happened?" she asked worriedly, as she tried to help me to get up. I wipe the tears, but it doesn't want to stop. I stood up and Tata Rieta hugs me, rubbing my back in circles.