Costume Shopping

I was in the changing room, struggling into the massive costume. Cam was impatiently waiting outside; he kept on shouting at me to hurry up.

"Calm your tits!" I shouted back, frantically trying to work out which arm belonged into which sleeve, "It's harder than it looks."

"I've got the exact same model on and it took me five seconds," Cam replied and I could practically hear him rolling his eyes.

I glowered at the mirror. We were costume shopping. Cam had drawn the short straw and he'd been forced to come along to find some costumes for the four of us. For a model, he really didn't like shopping much. He'd been whining the whole time about my slowness and he'd grumbled and grumbled about the costume I picked out.

"If you don't hurry up, I swear I'll come in there," Cam yelled.

I turned scarlet at the thought. I was in my underwear, no way was he coming in here! However as he started to count down from thirty, I realized that he was serious. I pulled at the costume, stepping my legs into the wrong trouser leg and groaning. I caught my foot on the little stool and I was sent spiralling to the floor. Oh crap!

The door opened quickly and Cam stepped inside, closing the door behind him. He looked at me for a moment, and sighed a little. I blushed. I was half-covered by the huge costume, and my legs were straight up in the air. Trust me to make a complete fool of myself, I thought darkly as Cam leant down and firmly pulled me up by armpits.

I was standing in front of him in nothing but my underwear and I was redder than red.

"Don't be so embarassed," he told me, pulling something out of my hair, "I see models in their underwear all the time at shows- sometimes in even less. It's practically a nudity show."

"Yah, maybe," I said, jutting my chin and crossing my arms, "but they're models."

He laughed and picked up the costume from the ground, examining it, "As if you have something to be ashamed about."

I was a little flattered but I was still mad at him for coming in here. I mean c'mon, give me a break! I was practically butt-naked. Cam seemed to have more sucess with the costume than I did, pulling out his 'Aha!' expression and grinning victoriously. He held up the right trouser leg for me, like you did for little kids. Completely humilated, I stepped in and then we did the exact same for the left.

"I can't believe you," I sighed, as he turned me round so he could zip up the back, "Shouldn't you be doing this with Lee?"

The words were out of my mouth before I could stop them. Cam's hands froze on my back, his fingers brushing against my skin. I bit into my lip and looked at him over my shoulder. I couldn't tell what he was thinking; he had gone quiet, his face emotionless. Well, this was a little break through wasn't it? He wasn't immediately denying their relationship.

I felt a little smug. This was how police officers felt when they found their piece of evidence. I could totally be a 'love doctor'. Oh ew, that sounded tacky. Perhaps I could be on CSI, though, be some real cool detective with awesome shades and a badass attitude.

"I think... I like her," Cam whispered, breaking me out of my short fantasy of chasing bad guys.

"Wait what?" I whirled round and the costume fell to the ground so it was a little puddle by my feet. I didn't even care about the underwear thing anymore.

"Yeah! It's terrible, but she's gotten under my skin! I could have any model I want, and all I can think about is her smart-ass attitude and short little form," he admitted, and then smacked his hand over his mouth as if he couldn't quite believe what he'd said.