Preface

Mystic Falls, 1864
Alice and Katerina Petrova stepped out of their carriage and onto the property of the Salvatores. The two brothers stepped out of the house and smiled at the two girls.
Stefan, the younger one, stepped up to Katerina. Damon, the older one, stepped up to Alice. The brothers kissed the girls' hands. The girls giggled.
"Hello," Alice said. "I'm Alice Petrova."
"Hello, Alice. I am Damon Salvatore. We are delighted to have you here."
"And I'm delighted to be here, Mr. Salvatore."
Damon smiled and winked at Alice. "May I show you to your room?"
"Yes, you may." Damon took Alice's arm and led her into the beautiful house. Once in the room, Alice shut the door behind them. Damon smiled mischievously and walked towards Alice. He bagan to lean forward but Alice placed her finger on his lips.
"Not yet. I have to tell you something."
"Anything," His voice full of lust.
"I'm a vampire."
Damon looked at her as she grew fangs. "I still love you."
"You've only just met me, Damon."
"I know." Damon crashed his lips to hers and she drank him in. He carried her to her bed and climbed on top. She pulled his shirt off and he did the same for her. He kissed her neck. She kissed his and reared back and bit into his neck. He moaned loudly as she fed from him. Damon ripped off the remains of our clothing and the rest was history. Literally. One hundred and sixty five years of history. Katerina was doing the same to Stefan. They turned the Salvatore brothers into vampires and left them each a ring to walk into the sun. They left no trace of them coming except Stefan and Damon's memory.