Chapter 6

I was awoken by blue eyes.

Max.

My Alpha.

I jumped up and ended up knocking heads with him. He let out a groan when our heads collided as did I. My hands were covering my mouth shakily, gasping as what I did. “Oh! Are you alright? I'm sorry, I was a bit shocked that you were the one who had woke me up... Is there something wrong? Did I do something wrong?” I was rambling now and very nervous for his response.

Instead of answering me immediately though, he sat there on the bed just looking at me. Not saying one word, and the only movement Max made was a twitch of his lips. Why was he smiling?!

“Oh Mari, you sure are a worry wart. Stop worrying and being nervous. There is no reason to be, I was just trying to wake you up that's all...”

Did he just? Whatever.

I shrugged it off and smiled at him sheepishly as he ruffled the hair on my head. His touch was gentle. “Thanks, but what for?”

“Well, I was kind of waking you up so you could go to your own room...” Wait what, my own room? But wasn't I..... Oh. Yeah. That's awkward. I glanced towards the window and saw that the sunlight was shining through it and I could hear morning bird's chirping from outside.

Two questions in my head had me straighten my back and look back at my Alpha with wide eyes. Just how did I get in his room? And where did he sleep last night? Actually there were more than two questions that flashed in my mind, but those were the main ones.

As is reading my thoughts he said, “I uh, slept in one of the guest rooms. I was afraid you would get frightened if I were still sleeping in the same bed with you.... You kind of fell asleep last night when I was going to give you a pair of clothes.” He scratched his neck with one hand.

I looked down at my body and saw I wore nothing. Right... I didnt have anything on... awkward. I gave him a forced smile, “Do you think you could go-” Maxwell had cut me off before I could finish the sentence.

“I have clothes for you in your room. Adam went out for them.” The name he mentioned had me blink incredulously. I thought Adam was mad at me. Did this mean, he was okay now?

“I need to talk to him... where is he?”

“Who Adam? I think you should get dressed first before you go walking around in your attire. He's in his room.” He gave me a curt nod as I walked towards the door, sheets trailing after me.

Max looked well amused and added, “You look like sleeping beauty by the way.”

I gave him a confused look before shutting the door behind me. I wonder what he meant by that. In the mean while, I thought about my dream from last night. A frown started to come upon my face. It was depressing really... Why now is it that these dreams... nightmares even... coming to haunt me now? It's like it was warning me, that voice that was there, something was going to happen soon.