Chapter 14

"Do you think she made it?" Cyan asked Pink.

"I'm sure she's perfectly fine," He answered. "Probably just got caught up and all. She'll be back here any minute. She might be girl-fighting with Black. Nobody knows."

"I sure hope you're right..." Cyan was suddenly caught off guard by the sound of sirens going off. "Ack!" He jumped.

"God! What is it this time?!" Pink raced to the doorway, though he wasn't fast enough to get through them before they closed. "Crap!"

"What's going on?!" Cyan said, panicking now and standing up as the lights faded and flickered. "No, the lights!" Cyan ran for the door as well.

"Let us out!" Pink yelled through the small crack where the doors met. He was banging on the doors. "Cyan, we can't get out of here without-"

"Don't say it! I'm not going to follow you through the vents!" Cyan shook his head. The lights had gone fully out.

"But it's the only way to fix the lights! We can't lose another crew member like we did Brown! People are counting on us!" Pink grabbed his hand. "You can do this, okay?"

"Sure Mister 'I stabbed you in the face, but I still expect you to trust me.' I'm leading!" Cyan dragged Pink in the pitch darkness to the corner of the room. "Do you know the way to electrical?"

"Like the back of my hand," Pink opened the vent. "Ladies first."

"Sure, sure, Sir Pink III" Cyan retorted and climbed inside. Pink followed him.

"You go straight then down the left shaft. I brought a flashlight from the desk when we were coming over here." Pink said from behind Cyan. The vents echoed with his voice.

"Okay, hand it to me," Cyan said. Pink gave him the flashlight. "Thanks."

"No problem." Pink replied. Cyan turned the flashlight on and began crawling through the ventilation again. It was cold. And quiet. The only sound was air flowing through the metal walls and Pink and Cyan's hands and knees as they crawled on. Someone would be able to get trapped down here... Cyan thought as he turned the left corner and down the way to electrical. Just a little longer. They had to be quicker if they were to put the lights back on. Then he saw it. Whites dried up blood from the time he had hauled her out of the vent. It was brown now, dried from the hours White had been gone. He avoided it. Breathed through his mouth as the smell of her long-gone corpse. He hoped he wouldn't have to see it again.

"Look out, blood incoming," Cyan called out to Pink. Cyan opened the blood-smeared vent and climbed out, still avoiding Whites precious blood. Without that, she had died. She did, but Cyan and Pink saved her before it was too late.

"Yeah!" Pink climbed out after him, not avoiding the blood and getting a bit on his hands and knees. As he brushed it off, Cyan began walking around the machinery to the other end of electrical where they found the switches for the lights. Cyan held the flashlight as Pink fiddled with the switches for a few seconds. The lights came back on.

"Thank goodness," Cyan said, turning off the flashlight. "Now let's get out--" Cyan turned around to find that electricals' door was still closed. He shuddered.

"Obstacle number two," Pink said. He paused. "Let's go back through the vents. We don't know how long we're going to be trapped here.

"Shouldn't we just wait in here? If it was a lockdown, all the doors would open at the same time." Cyan replied, his hands fidgeting a bit.

"Yeah, you're right," Pink said, sighing. "Sorry, I'm still a bit jittery."

"It's fine," Cyan said. He knew he was lying. Cyan knew why Pink was nervous. It was White. He'd been worried about her every moment from the second she left. Pink hadn't noticed it, though. His worriedness. What had happened to her? Was she okay? Did she make it to Black? Did she get to safety during the power outage? What happened when Black saw her? Cyan didn't know what to do, what choices to make to ensure White was okay.

White ran to admin through storage as fast as she could, noticing Purple was still in communications. She zoomed past Lime and Green and headed straight to admin. When she entered, she slowed down. She wasn't tired at all, probably because she was dead. Black was nowhere to be seen. White heard Brown looking for her as well in the café. She walked out from admin, through the halls, and stopped at the doorway to the cafeteria.

"Any luck?" White asked, her arms folding.

"Nope, none for you I assume?" Brown imitated her stance, lifting one eyebrow up. AND THEY ALL DID BACKFLIPS

The end :)

NOT

After Black had killed White for the second time,

She looked at her with pure and utter disgust.

But why?

Had she not told White that she had always liked her, but this was for the best?

She had, before.

But now, Black was a different person.

They could only stay black for so long.