14

this is the second to last chapter, and then each pairing or person will get an epilogue :-)
oh and all past chapters have been edited and adjusted! this isn't edited though because ugh idk i suck

E M M A

I took a seat outside of Michael's room, taking a deep breath. Everything I was going through, it was way too much for me to process.

Pulling out my phone, I decided that I would do some researches on transsexuals.

The thing with me was, I always thought of the future, and I really wanted to have kids and to be pregnant. I just wanted to know if Luke and I could have children naturally.

What I  found out shocked me.

I walked back into the room, everyone laughing and conversing. Luke was smiling when I walked in, seeming to be in the middle of a "hilarious" story when his eye caught mine.

"Hey babe, what's up?" Luke asked. I'm guessing he saw the expression on my face. I twiddled with my fingers, and gestured for him to come hither.

"Can I speak to you outside for a moment?" I whispered once he was close enough to me. Luke had a nervous look on his face, and I knew he was assuming the worst.

"Luke, okay I'm going to flat out say it. Can we have kids?" I asked, cutting right to the point once we stepped outside, and his eyes went incredibly wide.

"Um, I mean, we're kind of young for that and-"

"No, that's not what I meant. I meant, could we have kids, whenever. Like, at all?" I reassured him, and he just scratched the back of his neck.

"I mean, there's options. Like a sperm donor...adoption. A surrogate!" I looked at Luke, wondering if he knew what surrogates were for.

"I'm not infertile, Luke....I mean as far as I know." Luke chuckled a bit, and intertwined our fingers tugging me towards the other side of the hall.

"C'mon, I want to show you something." He smiled, and I gladly followed him. We walked down the halls, passing many rooms, and it sounded that some rooms had women going through labor. Luke cringed at the yells, and I squeezed his hand tightly, smiling up at him.

We finally made it to the end of the hall, a big sign that said NURSERY to our right, and a big window below it. Luke and I peered into it, seeing many newborns crying and kicking around in their bassinets.

"You know one of these babies will one day realize they're not the same as everyone else. No matter what the case is, they'll realize it's okay not to be the same as everyone else." Luke looked over at me, smiling.

"We'll figure it out." I whispered back at him, resting my head on his shoulder.

.

.

.

C A L U M

I was lost. Honestly and truly lost. It was hard to move on from someone you've loved for your whole life, not even half as long as her actual boyfriend. And it sucked.

I sat in the lobby of the hospital, eating a sandwich that I snuck out of the break room. It was amazing the speed the doctors and nurses worked at to save patients. They mourned when a patient was too far gone and I couldn't think of what would I would've felt if I had lost Michael or Ashton to that car crash.

"Hey, Calum." I heard a voice angelically call from next to me. Being too caught up in my own thoughts, I didn't notice that Kylin had taken a seat next to me.

I sighed in response, taking a bite from my sandwich aggressively. Kylin giggled at me before saying, "I think you've got some mayonnaise on the corner of your mouth."

Kylin licked her thumb before trying to wipe my mouth, and I quickly backed away as she still tried reaching over me, but failed.

"Calum, you're too serious. You should really lighten up a bit." I rolled my eyes at her, wiping the side of my mouth.

She didn't understand, no one did. It wasn't just about Emma, it was about the memories I had with her. She was just a girl, she was the love of my life. She was my sun when the rain went away, she was my cup of hot chocolate on a cold winter afternoon. No one understood our history.

+

"No, Calum, stop!" Twelve year old Emma laughed between breaths, a thirteen year old Calum on top of her, tickling her nonstop.

"Not until you give me a hug." Calum giggled, tickling Emma's hips, a place he knew would make her die of laughter.

"Fine! Fine I'll hug you!" She could barely get the words out as Calum's tickling came to a halt. Emma sat up, stretching her arms out wide. Calum engulfed her in the biggest hug, Emma falling back on the bed as if a bear had just tackled her.

"Emma.."Calum muffled into her sweater-covered shoulder.

"Yeah, Cal?"

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

Calum quickly sat up, knowing he wasn't getting his point across. He sighed and looked at Emma, who was adorably laying on his bed in the biggest sweater, not even knowing how adorable she looked.

"No, not like that. I mean, I love you. Like adult love. Like my dad loves my mom. I want to marry you one day, Em. That kind of love." Calum rambled, the words coming out of his mouth rather quickly.

Emma sat up, grabbing both of Calum's hands. She then kissed each of his knuckles, not knowing why, but it seemed like something she had to do.

"Calum, I'd love to marry you. Little Hood babies would be so cute running around, don't you think? Not like gangsters, that came out wrong, uh-" Emma's word vomit had been worst than Calum's, but it all seemed okay when Calum lightly kissed Emma's cheek.

"I know you're moving to London, but....I love you! I'll fly a thousand oceans to see you!"

"Calum, there's not even a thousand oceans in the first place."

"Whatever. Just promise me that no one in London will take your heart from me." Calum was now clutching Emma's hands and leaning his forehead on hers.

"Calum, you'll always have my heart. I love you and you love me. What could go wrong?"

+

 I was now hysterically crying in Kylin's arms. 

What could go wrong?

Oh Emma, you have no idea.