Chapter 38 :Nope!

Chapter 38 :Nope!

The sun cast its golden hues upon Sabaody Archipelago, painting the sky with a magnificent display of colors. The setting sun bathed Shakky Bar in a warm, serene glow. Outside, bubbles popped and floated in the air, creating a tranquil ambiance. The bar was closed for the next few weeks, allowing its owner, Shakky, a rare moment of solitude. She leaned against the bar, a cigarette in hand, allowing the tendrils of smoke to gracefully fill the room.

Inside, the only sounds were the gentle clinking of ice in a whiskey glass and the murmur of Shakky's contemplative voice.

"It's been two years. When I look back now, it feels like it went by in the blink of an eye."

Her husband, Rayleigh, sat nearby, his eyes fixed on the mesmerizing dance of the bubbles outside. He slowly reached for the glass that Shakky had poured for him and took a sip. "Ah..."

Shakky chuckled softly at her husband's simplicity and leaned forward on the bar counter. "I can't wait to see how much they've grown."

Rayleigh nodded in agreement, savoring the rich flavor of the whiskey. "Hmmm... Let's not be hasty. We don't even know if they can all reunite safely, especially now that they're infamous throughout the world."

"Speaking of being hasty," Shakky inhaled another puff of smoke, "Gatita-chan called the other day. Apparently, Hawk-chan has lifted her lifetime grounding. Our little kitten wasted no time and dashed right out of there the moment she had the chance."

Rayleigh's laughter resonated throughout the bar. "HAHAHAHAHAHA, of course she did. Did she mention where she was headed?"

Shakky exhaled a puff of smoke, watching it disperse. "Does it matter?"

"You're right, it doesn't," Rayleigh smiled, content with the knowledge that you were doing well. "I hope we get to meet our great-grandkids one day."

"Uchi no hito," Shakky closed her eyes and continued, "Be careful what you wish for. She's turning 21 years old soon. You know what that means, right?"

Rayleigh's eyes widened, and he struggled to hold back his laughter. "PFFFFFTTTTT, Poor Roronoa. He's going to have a hard time dealing with—"

The tinkling of a bell above the door interrupted their conversation, and both Shakky and Rayleigh turned their attention to the newcomer. Shakky's eyes widened as she recognized the familiar figure that had just walked in.

"Oh, well, speak of the devil."

Rayleigh didn't need to turn around to know who had arrived; his tone alone conveyed his admiration. "Ah, you're the first one to arrive."

"What? Nobody else is here yet? Some things never change."

"Meow!"

"Gatita-chan!" Your grandmother's eyes lit up with joy as she witnessed your arrival. With a graceful leap, you hopped off Zoro's shoulders and transformed into your true form—a stunning Nekomata. You embraced your grandmother tightly, feeling her warmth and love, and then turned to your grandfather, offering him a warm hug as well.

"Look at you! You're growing more and more like your mother with each passing year," Rayleigh whispered to you, a hint of nostalgia in his voice. He pulled away from the embrace, his eyes filled with affection. "Now, let me have a better look at you. Twirl for me, Y/N-chan!"

Your giggles filled the room as you playfully twirled, showing off your elegant tails and your graceful feline form to your delighted grandparents. Zoro had quietly closed the door behind him and locked it, contentedly watching you dance and bask in the happiness that radiated from your heart.