chapter 10

Sofie's POV,

I entered the kitchen and grabbed an apron, I stood beside the sink and waited for him to come out. My mind was occupied, when will I start working, or am I going to stay like this, in this dead mansion till God knows when. I was lost in my thoughts when he entered.
"A penny for your thoughts," he said tying his apron. This man despite having a cold aura is very handsome. He was wearing a blue sweatpants and a  knitwear.
"Where do we start," I said eager to learn.
"Firstly, wash your hands," he said, turning on the sink tap for me.
"And secondly, bring out every ingredients you need for the food, We will be making Caprese salad with pesto sauce,"
He started first by washing the tomatoes. Then he sliced it.  The way he handles the knife shows that he is a pro. I was just staring in awe.
"Get the flaky salt," he said stretching his hands to collect it from me.
I looked for it but couldn't find it.
He sighed and collected it with his hand. It was right in front of me.
"Am so dumb," I murmured to myself.
He arranged the tomatoes and mozzarella on the platter in an alternating pattern.

When he was done cooking, he served it at the dining table.
I couldn't wait to dig into the food, it looked so delicious and the aroma was, wow.
We sat on the seat and started eating, the food was delicious.
"When did you learn how to cook," I asked with a mouthful of food.
"When I was 12," he answered.
"Who taught you?" I asked again.
He looked down at his food and answered
"She thought me,"
He looked distracted and I could feel the  pain in his voice,
"Who is she" I asked, I was so curious.
"Eat," he said without looking up. I obeyed him and ate my food.
The rest of the dinner went on silently.
I felt guilty, I shouldn't have asked him the question.

I was back in my room, I showered, I wanted to call Amira but was too exhausted to do so.
I lay down on my bed, and my mind started wandering, the diary I read, who owns it, what happened to the person, does he has a twin, and why was he hurt when I asked him that question, was he reminded of someone he had a painful past with, if so is the person the owner of the diary.
I couldn't sleep with many things running through my mind. I wanted to relax a bit so I wore my silk night gown and headed towards the pool.
I love the cool breeze at the pool, it helps me to relax. I stood in front of the blue crystal water and stared.
"Enjoying the view" I heard his voice behind me.
"I have a lot on my mind, so I can't sleep" I answered.
"Same here," he said while running his hands through his head.
"You didn't seem very happy during dinner, do you mind talking about it" I randomly said.
"I do mind"
"Sofie, who do you love most in this world," his question was unexpected.
" My mum," I said my face beaming with smiles.
"She is the only one who has ever been there for me, she raised me as a single mother, and I will do anything for her," I said my face dropping, as I remembered her condition.
"What of you, who do you love the most,"
"The one person I loved the most, left in the most cruel way," he looked hurt.
For a moment I was wondering, who is she, the one that made his cold heart to beat.
"I can't imagine how you feel, my loved one never left me, but sometimes leaving isn't always an option, maybe she left because she felt that it was the best thing to do, sometimes we look beyond how far people sacrificed for us because we felt hurt, but in fact, they were the most hurt," I said to him while staring at his face.
I saw a tear slide down his cheeks, he must have been very hurt to become so vulnerable, and without giving it a second thought, I hugged him.
"I hope this helps," I said to him in a soothing voice.
He hugs me tighter, and I can feel him inhaling my scent.