This Christmas

Don't forget to VOTE and add to your reading list!!

"Merry Christmas bitches!"

"Mom!"

My Grams looks at my dad innocently, her aging face just too cute to stay mad at. Of course you would think after all his years my dad would have grown used to his mother's crazy personality.

"What's the matter son?"

My dad sighs, but gives her a hug a kiss on the cheek none the less. "It's good to see you Ma."

"Wish I could say the same darling," she teases before turning to me and enveloping me into her frail arms. "Merry Christmas darling," she whispers in my ear.

"Merry Christmas Grams," I say pulling away.

"Come in, come in." She ushers my parents and I into her house and instantly I feel as if I'm in the middle of WWIII.

My little cousins run around the house, screaming and laughing and I think I even hear a couple crying. I swear I don't have this many cousins; my dad only has one brother and a sister.

Half an hour passes once I'm finally able to sit down after having to greet everyone I saw, including the football team of my cousins and the neighbor kids who were brought over as well.

"Exhausted?" My Aunt Anna sits down on the breakfast bench beside me. The table in front of us which was the same table my dad would eat his breakfasts' at is now serving as a treat table. It's filled with pies, cakes, cookies, brownies, and every other sort of desert you could think of.

Of course the kitchen is also the single room in the house that none of the kids are allowed to go in during holidays because we all know it could only end in disaster.

"How do you do it," I ask her amazed. She's the mother of five of these wild kids, all under the age of twelve.

She laughs and tells me, "I've wanted a big family ever since I was little. I can't be mad when I'm one of the lucky few in the world to have fulfilled my dream."

"You dream was to own a zoo? I think somebody already made a movie out of that Aunt Anne."

She laughs again, a warm and all American laugh. We're obviously decedents of an American President. "Oh darn," she teases.

"Well I think it's cool that this was your dream," I say looking around the kitchen where all the mothers are preparing for Christmas dinner.

"Next year I'm taking over," she decides as we watch my Grams try to pull out the ham. Multiple women rush over to help her. "Well it was nice talking to you dear," she says standing up and brushing off her dress even though there are no crumbs on it. "I'm going to go look for Junior now, I haven't seen him in hours and I'm growing afraid."

"Does he still hide," I ask curiously.

Aunt Anne sighs and nods her head sadly. "I don't know what's wrong with that boy. He's the most anti-social person I've ever met and he's only six."

"Well when you find him tell him his favorite older cousin has missed him."

"Will do Sadie," she smiles before turning and walking out of the kitchen.

My phone starts to ring in my hand and I look down, surprised to see Quinn Facetiming me. I rush out of the kitchen into the backyard at the same time three of my little cousins come barreling in from the living room, trying to swipe as much food as they can.

I accept the call while the shouts of angry mothers from the kitchen start to die down.

"Happy Hanukah nerd."