Chapter 030 Meal Preparation

Xiao Qiao waited in the porch, and finally saw Wei Shao return. She hurriedly went down the steps to meet him, and said in her mouth, "Husband is hungry, dinner is ready, I've been waiting for you to come back for dinner." After speaking, she secretly glanced at his face.

Wei Shao stopped and looked at Xiao Qiao.

He was called by his mother, and naturally he knew that she had thrown the blame to Old Madam Xu. After all, Xiao Qiao was still a little guilty. When she was waiting for him to eat just now, she also thought about how to deal with it. Seeing him looking at her like this, his eyes were dark and his face was sinking, she kept silent, just waiting for him to ask her again.

"Let's eat."

Unexpectedly, he suddenly said something so simple. After speaking, he raised his feet and headed towards the dining room. As he walked past her, Xiao Qiao felt a breeze blowing out from him.

Xiao Qiao was very surprised and froze for a while. Seeing that he was walking fast, she had already stepped up the steps and hurriedly caught up with his back.

These days, Wei Shao hasn't come back for dinner. Even this time, the two have eaten together three or four times.

To be precise, it was Xiao Qiao who served him three or four times.

The table was placed on the couch, and Wei Shao sat on the table. Xiao Qiao is a woman with a lower status than him, so she knelt down and served him with meals. After he finishes eating, she can eat it herself.

But the first few times, he ate very quickly, and he hardly sent her to do anything. It's not tiring.

Xiao Qiao pressed her hips on her heels in a standard sitting position.

She has to say that Wei Shao's muscles and bones are straight, and he is a natural clothes rack. Right now, sitting on the couch behind the desk, he was wearing a neatly draped right-backed deep coat, and the wide sleeves fell gently down the sides of his shoulders. Coupled with his unhurried demeanour, he even stretched out his chopsticks to hold the vegetables. It looked so smooth, like a man who walked out of a volume of ancient books that exudes a sense of comfort. It's just that he's a real person.

Xiao Qiao glanced at him twice, then retracted his gaze. Suddenly she heard Wei Shao say, "Let's have dinner together."

Xiao Qiao stayed and looked at him. Seeing him look at her with kindness. Busy excuses.

"It doesn't matter. I tell you to do it, and you do it."

He has ordered someone to add a pair of bowls and chopsticks.

Xiao Qiao felt that his sudden invitation was very suspicious, especially after returning from the East House. But it is rare for him to be so kind, and it is not easy for him to shirk. It is expected that there should be no problem with eating. After bowing slightly to thank him, she took two knees forward and sat on the edge of the table.

Not good.

Xiao Qiao finished her meal in silence.

This is her usual meal.

She raised her eyes and saw that Wei Shao had also finished eating, with his hands on his own legs and a smile on his face, as if he had been watching her eating just now.

Xiao Qiao swallowed the last bite of food in her mouth and gently placed her chopsticks on the chopstick rest. Just as she was about to ask someone to bring water to serve him to rinse her mouth, Wei Shao suddenly said, "Add another bowl of rice for the lady."

Xiao Qiao hurriedly shook her head: "Thank you husband. I'm full."

"I saw that you only took so many mouthfuls, how can you be full?" Wei Shao said.