CHIHIRO

"Sen!"

I looked over Haku's shoulder. To my surprise, I saw them- all of them!- standing at the other side of the bridge. Lin, the other servants, even Yubaba and Kamaji, along with some soot balls and familiar- and new- customers of the bathhouse. Boh made his way through the crowd with a broad grin on his face as he stood at his mother's side.

I turned my eyes back to Haku, whose arms were now at his side. He stepped to the right of me and grazed my hand.

"Go," he said, gesturing toward the group. "They've missed you, and I know you've missed them, too."

I peered up at him.

"I'm not going anywhere, don't worry," he added, chuckling.

I looked back at the bathhouse, at the spirit family I left behind. With a grin, I ran to the other side of the bridge, as the moon raised overhead. Lin was the first one to meet me. She hugged me tightly.

"I knew you'd be back eventually!" She exclaimed. Then, she pushed me from her embrace and set her hands on her hips, suddenly changing her attitude. "Where the hell have you been? Lover boy over there kept harassing me and Kamaji about you ever since you left." She nodded behind me. I turned around to find a red-faced Haku. I smiled, and he smiled back.

Without warning, I felt myself being crushed and lifted from the ground. I spun my head back and found myself staring in the eyes of Boh.

"Oh, Sen!" He shouted, piercing my ears. "You're back! You're back!"

He swung me from side to side as his grip tightened. I could feel my ribs pop inside me, and I was losing oxygen. Even though I knew Boh meant no harm, I'm sure anybody else would think he was trying to kill me.

"Can't... breathe!" I managed to cry out, now fighting for air.

Boh put me back down, gasping and coughing. I felt a hand on my back, and I knew it was Haku.

"Sorry, Sin," he apologized. "I was just so happy to see you.."

I smiled at him and patted his large hand.

"It's okay," I told him, making his face brighten.

Beneath me, the soot balls jumped around my feet and squealed in joy. I bent down to pick one up.

"I've missed you little guys," I said, patting him in the head. He fainted into my palm and I laughed. I sat him back down and dusted the black soot off my hands. That's when Yubaba stepped in front of me.

"Well, well, well," she began snobbishly, looking me up and down. "If it isn't our precious Chihiro, all grown up."

I could feel Haku's breath on my neck as it started to accelerate.

"Yes, Granny, it's me," I replied bravily. "I've finally made my way back." I took a step forward but immediately regretted it. "And I'm staying this time."

Yubaba let out a puff of air, making the hair on my arms stand.

"Your bravery hasn't changed a bit since you left," she commented. "How nice."

She paused and turned to the pack of spirits behind her. Haku hurriedly stepped in front of me, just in case she had anything up her sleeve. To my surprise, she threw her hands up in the air.

"This calls for a celebration feast!" She proclaimed. As the spirits cheered, Yubaba turned back to me. "Welcome back, child."

I grinned. I felt accepted. More than I have been in a long time. Haku moved to my left and took my hand in his. I looked up at him and met his gaze.

This was perfect. Here I was, surrounded by the people I cherish and standing with the one I love. I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath of the Spirit World air. This was my new home, my new life, and nothing was going to change that.