xiv. | the sassier the better

Disclaimer; I donut own Supernatural. But, I'd give people pie for it.

Home; Part One
____________

"I'm 147 pounds of pale skin and fragile bone. Sarcasm is my only defence." -Stiles Stilinski

AFTER BURNING ALL THE SILVER IN a church, only to destroy the priest that had latched itself onto a preacher's daughter all because of some stupid necklace, Emery needed a break from the boys. They were fighting a little bit and she had kindly asked them to drop her off as Bobby's.

She had spent the time there helping the old man with other hunters and their problems, along with sometimes pretending to be a government official at times. It was fun and her and Bobby had a couple of good laughs as they talked about when Dean, Sam, and Emery were littler.

Hell, Bobby practically raised the three of them, whenever John dropped them off at the house.

Also, when Emery went to go find her family, she had stayed at Bobby's house while searching. He was more than kind, even if he was a grumpy old man. He even helped her with the search sometimes.

After the week or so of staying with Bobby, the familiar rumble of the Impala was heard.

"Don't get yourself in too much trouble now, Em," Bobby had said as they hugged goodbye.

The brunette then made her way to the backseat of the Impala, looking at the faces of the brothers. Dean looked gorgeous (as per usual), but there was a sullen look on his face. The same with Sammy.

"What happened when I was gone?"

Apparently, an old Indian curse had been placed on the land where a suburban development was being built and was killing every white person that set foot on it. With bugs.

Sam and Dean had gotten into another fight and Emery rolled her eyes, before she was laying in the back seat, humming Carry On My Wayward Son to drown their fighting out.

This was going to be a long drive.

☪✡

Emery couldn't help but dream about Dean. His lips pressed to her's, like the shifter had. And in more intimate ways than that. So more, that she gasped awake the same time Sam did, sitting up with her heart beating a million times a minute.

Sam looked at her strangely as she gasped for breath, feeling like her lungs were burning. She looked back at him, a blush evident in her face, but she turned serious once she saw his expression.

"Are you alright, Sammy? Did you have another nightmare?" Emery was tempted to climb out of the bed she was sharing with Dean and cuddle with Sam until they both fell asleep.

"I'll be fine, Em. Let's just go back to sleep."

Emery didn't believe him for one second, but she laid back down on the bed, glancing over at Dean's sleeping form. With that, the girl closed her eyes and fell back asleep.

When she woke up later, going to go for a shower before both the boys got up, Emery planted a kiss on Dean's bare shoulder. She then swung her legs off of the bed and got her stuff ready. When she got out, both Sam and Dean up, waiting for her so the three could get breakfast.

They went to the diner down the block, each ordering their morning usual. Dean; it was whatever the special was, a side of bacon and black coffee. Emery; she ordered a waffle with raspberries, blackberries, and whip cream on it with a coffee, two creams, two sugars. Sam ordered the short stack with some bacon and a coffee.

The three ate in silence, all absorbed in their food. Once the check came, Dean laughed at the fact the waiter had given Emery his number, before he ripped it off the page and threw it out.