Pt2Ch30: Invasion III

Y/n tightened his grip on his staff, "You're not in a position to bargain with me. This is your pillar."

"Our pillar," Kyu corrected.

A streak of lightning crashed into Y/n, throwing dust into the air. Y/n gripped Hitomi's wrist, stopping it before his heart. Her milky white eyes bled with malice, mirroring the bloodlust in her soul. Wooden beams wrapped around Y/n's ankle, and Bae rose from Y/n's shadow. While Bae reached for Y/n's hood, Rei froze Y/n where he stood.

I see... It's been a while.

Lightning erupted from Y/n's feet. In the blink of an eye, he broke free from Rei's hold, pushing Hitomi and Bae away before tossing a kunai into the air. The moment he teleported, Y/n darted toward Yuri.

I need to grab her and get out.

"No you don't." Hitomi slid next to Y/n. She snapped her fingers, causing an explosion to erupt toward Y/n.

On the opposite side of Y/n, Nako thrusted a gust of air, feeding the explosion. The blast formed into a large wolf with its teeth targeted toward Y/n's head.

I haven't been the only one training.

Y/n slipped away from the wolf in time to avoid its teeth clamping down. He danced around a swarm of infernal needles, weaving between shadow dogs and animal constructs molded from concrete.

Is this Bae's allele?

Hitomi clashed with Y/n's staff, gritting her teeth as sparks flung from her katana. She grappled Y/n's wrist, prompting Nako to follow. From Y/n's shadow, Dayeon planted her palm onto his back.

He can put other people in shadows?

Y/n's knees buckled. The weight of a building pressed onto his body, forcing Y/n into the concrete. His heart dropped as he watched Kyu prepare to finish Yuri off. Golden markings rushed down the left side of his body pumping his body with power.

Y/n teleported next to Kyu with a golden katana in hand. He swung with the intent to sever Kyu's hands from his wrists, yet the blade passed harmlessly through the man. Before he could process the blade's ineffectiveness, Hitomi and Nako appeared on his tail.

Shit.

Sparks flew through the air as Y/n parried Hitomi's sword strikes. Between strikes he juggled dodging Nako and Hitomi's relentless strikes, tracking Bae's teleporting summons, and keeping Daeyon's hands away from himself. Periodically, he threw kunai through the battlefield, giving himself an escape if Rei were to grab a hold of him.

Slowly, the sky grew dark with shadows overtaking the once bright IZLand capital. Great fires engulfed a distant section, bringing Y/n's attention to Yong's draconic form.

"Is that Chaewon's student?" Daeyon asked. "What was her name? Ahn Minji?"

Y/n's eyes darted toward the direction Dayeon pointed to. To his shock, Minji held her chest. She had a certain look he recognized in his old self--determination to help. In a flash of yellow, Y/n blitzed through the battlefield, pulling Minji out of the way of a drake's jaw.

"Let go of me, you bastard!!" Minji shouted.

Y/n enveloped his cousin with his kirin-orb, shielding her from the rest of the world. With a new katana in his hand, Y/n sliced the nearby drakes before turning his attention to an immense oncoming pressure. Y/n blocked Riwon's blade, raising an eyebrow as she sent him crashing into the ground.

"What did they do to you, Y/n oppa?!" Riwon shouted.

Nako, Hitomi, Rei, Dayeon, and Bae's eyes widened. Hitomi stared intensely, removing the cover of Y/n's mask from her vision.