Fifty-Eight

She went to school the next day, and again they were missing. She sighed as she sat cross-legged on her bed. She played with the stitching of her bed. Everything was so complicated. She hated it. It was all so confusing. She hated it even more. Suddenly, there was a loud crash, and a small pebble landed on her bed. She jumped up and looked at her window. There was a small hole where the rock had been thrown through, and the glass was shattered around it. She looked down angrily to see who had smashed her window. It was Rapmon.

"My window!" She screamed at him. He shrugged.

"Can you come down here?" He asked politely. She turned away from the window and went downstairs.

"Coming down here, breaking my window. Who does he think he is?" She grumbled as she slipped on her shoes. She stomped outside and crossed her arms as soon as she caught sight of Rapmon.

"What do you want?" She asked.

"What everyone else wants." He replied simply.

"Not this again. Did you have to break my window to ask me though?" She looked back up at her broken window. He scratched the back of his head.

"I didn't know if it was going to hit your window so I threw it harder. I tend to break things." He laughed. That's a new sound.

"Yeah I got that. The answer is no by the way." She answered irritatedly.

"Oh I'm not here for that." Rapmon smiled innocently.

"Then what are you here for?" She asked.

"Well everybody wants something, the same thing actually, knowledge. Ask me anything you like, but for every two questions you ask and I answer, I get one question." He smiled like he was winning a game.

"Alright."

"What's your favorite color?" She started simply.

"Black."

"How do I know you're not lying?"

"I have no reason to."

"Fair enough." She sighed, "Your turn."

"How do I know you're not lying?"

"Because you're not." He smiled.

"Fair enough."

"Why don't you like me?"

"I do."

"What do you have over Suga?"

"Nothing." All his answers were simple. She blew out a hot and irritated breath.

"Go."

"Why won't you take Suga back?"

"Because I can't."

"Not an answer." He leaned back expectantly.

"But, just then you!" She stamped her foot like a child.

"Those didn't require explanation. Try again." She hated the way he treated her like a child.

"I can't, I want to but I can't. I'm afraid of getting hurt again, but I really do miss him. It's not like I don't care, it's just...there's no way he's hurting as much as I am. And I don't think he understands how s**ty it was. He could have chosen any other way to break things off, but he did it...that way. He knew how much I hated people who did that. I really do love him, but I also want to protect myself, I guess." She lost faith as she finished. "I'm so confused." She breathed.

"Interesting." Was all he said.

"Why do you want me and Suga to get back together so badly?" She asked tiredly. He smiled, as if he had been waiting for her to ask that question.