Sixty-One

She crossed her arms over her chest and watched the sunset as she waited. Suga came tearing out of the trees like a bat out of hell. She turned around calmly, and looked at him. If he could get anymore paler, he had. His eyes were so dark and sleepless he looked like a raccoon. He was so thin. His ribs jut out from beneath his shirt, he had already been thin enough. He stood panting, afraid to move. Her breath hitched in her chest and she trembled slightly. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She took a few steps towards him, and put her hand on his cheek. He closed his eyes, and tears slid down his cheeks. She wiped them away.

"You haven't been sleeping well." She murmured.

"I haven't." He agreed keeping his eyes closed. Neither moved nor said anything for a very long time. It seemed, it was easier to say things in your head than to the person.

"Nari I'm so sorry." Suga burst out.

"It was just a stupid bet." He sobbed.

"I know. They told me." She whispered softly.

"It was just a stupid bet, and my pride. I didn't want to look like a coward and not take it. I don't-I don't love her. I don't even know her name. I know that's douchey, but I don't care about her. Nari, I care about you. I love you. I don't need anyone else. You're perfect, and I love you, and I'm so sorry, and I hate myself for what I did to you, and I'm just-I'm so sorry!" He wailed. She took a step forward and hugged him gently. He wailed loudly and wrapped his arms around her tightly. He buried his face into her neck and sobbed. She held her arms around him limply, afraid that if she truly hugged him she would lose what little control she had. He hugged her so tightly, like he was drowning in himself, and he was. She took in the scent of him for a moment, and felt her resolve falter. She knew what she needed to do, and she knew what she wanted to do. She also knew what she had planned to do, and she had to stick to that. She pulled away from Suga. He let her go and wiped his eyes like a kid.

"Suga I-it's just-" she couldn't seem to find the right words. He looked at he expectantly and fearful.

"You know it's over between us right?" She pleaded. He looked up at her, and his eyes fell dully. They were so utterly blank with sadness.

Why are you looking at me like that?

-------------------------------------------------

(A/N)

tbh i feel like i update too much...