CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO✔️

dedicated to ephemeraltears because hella writing goals

THIRTY-TWO | ONLY FOOLS

After Elijah had come down in a new suit, the three immediately started to talk.

"So, I assume the Martin witches are no longer with us," Elijah spoke.

"No," Elena said with a hint of sadness in her voice. "I'm sorry."

Arabella restrained the urge to roll her eyes. Elena wasn't sorry, she was more than glad to have the Martin witches out of mind because they were threatening to kill her.

"And Katerina?" asked Elijah, although he already knew the answer to the question.

"She was released from your compulsion when you died," Arabella stated.

"Klaus took her," Elena supplied. "We think that she may be dead."

"I doubt that," the two Mikaelson siblings said together.

"Not Klaus' style," Arabella said with a shake of her head.

"Death would be too easy for after what she did," Elijah remarked.

"I don't understand," Elena said. "You say that you want Klaus dead, but you two still made Katherine pay for betraying him."

"Katerina and I may be friends but she's done some things that I'm not over," Arabella said easily.

"Like what?"

"Like none of your business."

Elijah sighed at his sister and responded to Elena's question with, "I have my own reasons for wanting Katerina to pay."

"There was a time..." Arabella said, "We'd have done anything for Niklaus."

A knowing smirk crawled onto Arabella's lips as she thought back five-hundred years ago.

flashback

"Katerina," Arabella asked, "I have a questioned to ask you."

"Yes?" Katerina asked the strawberry blonde.

"My brothers, Elijah and Niklaus, have grown quite fond of you," Arabella stated. "Yet, what I have come to realize is that you have the both of them vying for you."

Katerina glanced at the girl. With Arabella's new rank as a Lady while Katerina was simply a commoner, she knew that it would be better not to test the girl.

"Yes," Katerina answered slowly.

Arabella stepped in front of the brunette, causing her to stop walking.

"What game are you playing with my brothers?" Arabella questioned. "I may not like them but I am certainly not going to stand around and watch them get fooled by a girl."

Katerina gulped, "N-nothing milady."

Arabella knew this was not true, but she left it alone. She nodded and proceeded to walk away from the ignorant brunette.

flashback over

"Klaus is my brother," Elijah announced. "Although, I'm sure you already knew this."

Elena nodded. "I heard that. I'm still processing."

"Yes, I'm a little behind on the times, but I believe the term you're searching for is 'OMG,'" Elijah remarked while casually sipping his tea. Arabella's smirk got wider as she leaned back against the couch.