Part 1

~¤~¤~¤~¤~

Josh's P.O.V

Jayna came to Wolf Creek high school during freshman year.

The first day I saw her, I knew she was different. She was standing at her locker alone. Granite, she was a new student. You don't just walk into a new school and have ten new friends. I just expected her to move around, talk to people. Try and get known. But she never did that, everyday she stood at her locker alone. Waiting for the bell to ring.

Same at lunch. She sat by herself, everyday. Nobody talked to her, she didn't talk to anyone. It almost seemed like a mutual agreement. "You stay over here, I'll stay over here. Then we never have to talk to each other." It was just strange to me. Even in class she was like that, when we had to get partners. She worked by herself.

I just didn't understand, and a big part of me wanted to understand. I wanted to know her, and her story. Where did she come from? Why did she choose Colorado? Why didn't she talk to anyone? Why was she always alone?

Now we're seniors. I still everyday, just want to walk up to her "claimed" lunch table and talk to her. As second grade as it sounds, I want to be her friend.

On a side note, completely irrelevant to what I was talking about. Jayna is stunning. Her eyes, that I could see from where I'm sitting, are grey. The brightest, prettiest, grey in the world. You don't think grey could beautiful until you see Jayna's eyes. Her dark brown almost black hair, is so long. At the ends its slightly curly. Her frame is sort of small, and her nose is small and cute. God, I'd do anything to just talk to her.

"Josh, hey Joshy." Trevor's voice snaps me out of my daydream.

"Dude, I told you not to call me Joshy."

"You were out of it for like five minutes."

"Was not." I say as I take a bite of my sandwich.

"Yes you were, what were you looking at anyways?" He chuckles.

"Nothing, I was just- nothing."

He continues to laugh, all the other guys start laughing too. I just roll my eyes and eat my sandwich.

~¤~¤~¤~¤~

Jayna's P.O.V

I feel like all eyes are on me. Every second of everyday. I know they're not looking at me. I just feel like they all know what I did. Like they can see what I am.

That's why I stay away. I don't want anyone to know.

I started a new life with my mom. We packed all our things and moved to Colorado. I left my friends without saying bye. We left everything behind. I'd like to think I used to have a normal life. I was on the soccer team at my old school. I had plenty of friends. Me and this kid were even crushing. Like normal fourteen year olds do.

Everything was normal except for my dad. He was an alcoholic, an abusive alcoholic. He was getting better at one point. But one night he came home, I guess he'd been at the bar. Because he was drunk, way gone. He started to hit my mom...

I don't know what happened with me. Something snapped, and I had enough. I grabbed my dad's aluminium baseball bat, then hit him in the back of the head with it.

I killed him, they said as soon as the bat made contact with his head he was a goner.

Now I live in constant worry that someone will find out. That my mom and I will have to move again. Because nobody likes a seventeen year old girl who killed her father. Nobody will like the mother either. Things like that spread like wildfire throughout a small community like ours. We won't be able to get jobs, people will look at us differently. I couldn't do that to my mom again.

So I stay hidden. It's not that hard for me. I've always been quiet. I just stay in my own path, and try not to cross into anybody else's path. That is until this year. I still stay in my own path, but I've been getting bullied. Not real bad, just little remarks. Mostly about how quiet I am, or how I don't have friends.

I just hope it doesn't get worse.

But everything always does, I guess it doesn't hurt to have a little false hope.