Day 15

Monday

He never wanted to get out of bed. Well, this bed specifically. Never had he ever slept with a woman and was reluctant to get out of bed. Every time he brought a woman to bed, he'd leave before dawn and he wouldn't actually feel remorse. This time though, he felt like there was a magnetic pull and he would never be able to leave this woman.

Skylar Smith was truly the most extraordinary woman in his life. Love swelled in his chest as he regarded the sleeping woman snuggled into his chest with adoration. He wanted to capture this image and imprint it in his mind forever. The peacefulness she exuded; the utter marvel that she was as a whole; how could he ever let her go?

Her eyelashes were fanned out against her cheek; her golden hair was spilled over the pillow and his arms, glinting under the beginnings of sunlight slanting through her window; her arms were curled up, pressed between their chests; her legs were tangled with his; she was quite a mess. But god, she was such a sight to be reckoned with.

Ethan lifted his arm from being draped over her hip and pulled the covers higher so it could protect them from the morning chill. And then he gently placed his palm over her cheek, tracing the sharp outlines of her cheekbone and stroking back stray strands of hair. 

She must have sensed him touching her because as soon as he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, she shifted slightly, her thigh grazing the appendage between his legs, which consequently hardened even more. But she stayed asleep. 

He licked her lips, finding her more and more appealing and he just wanted her a lot, in every way possible. He would settle for this for now. Besides, he really had no idea how she would react when she woke up. Would she freak out? Would she regret it? Or would she take it in stride? Would they be able to work?

The logical part of him screamed no to the entire liaison. That part of him had been yelling in his head ever since she kissed him last night. He just made it a point to ignore that part of him because he didn't actually realize the actual levels of his want for her. He thirsted for her. And last night wasn't even enough to satiate that thirst. 

His line of thoughts were interrupted when Skylar whimpered lowly, burying her head closer into his chest, basically conforming her entire body into his. He strained his ears to hear whatever she was mumbling in her sleep. 

"...special boy, Aiden."

His jaw clicked as he stretched his facial skin tight against his skull. He pursed his lips as his brows met in an intense frown above his nose. He figured it was time for her to wake up from whatever dream she was having. When he saw the shimmer of tears coating her eyelashes, he was more insistent on waking her up. So he cupped the back of her head with his hand gently and tilted her head just slightly enough for her to be facing him. 

"I'll never let go..."

He leaned forward to capture her lips, stopping her from mumbling any further. Her spurts of exhalation fanned against the top of his lip and he could feel her waking up by the pacing of her respiration. He pressed harder, allowing himself to relish in the touch of her lips against his, and slid his hand downward towards her hip to pull her closer into him. And when she gasped into the inner workings of his mouth, he knew she was awake. 

It was a guarantee that he would be afraid, because he really was uncertain of what she would do about everything that had transpired between them last night and now. But he kept on kissing her, because she didn't push him away. He wanted to take as much as he could get before things could spiral downhill.

But then instead of things spiraling downhill...she kissed him back. It took her about ten seconds to gain her bearing but the thing was, she kissed him back! She pushed herself upward to return his insistent kissing, but then she probably thought it was too much work so she snaked an arm around his neck and pulled him down.