1

Inv pov

The cycle is quickly coming to and end and i don't have any food nor have i made any progress at trying to find a mate. I scan the area to look for any potential food. I see a train lizard, i can try to hunt it but i will have to be quick. Thankfully, it doesn't see me yet, giving me a perfect opportunity to strike it with my egg, Which i did. I take cover under a pipe as i watch it swirl up into the air with enough force to lift the train lizard right off the ground. But then i see something, or rather someone behind. A slugcat. it looking very puzzled at the floating object. "Hey! Be carefu-". I try to warn the slugcat but the egg already detonated. I run past the dead lizard to check on them, hoping they survived to impact. 

Nightcat pov

I watched the strange floating object, wondering what it was. I hear someone calling out to me but they're too far away for me to properly understand what they where saying. But thats when i watch the strange object detonate. Im pushed back a few feet, hitting my head on the ground. My vision is blurred and theres a ringing in my ear as i wonder how im alive and haven't woken up back in my shelter. I see through my blurry vision a dark blue slugcat approaching me. My hearing started to return as i try to understand what they were trying to say. "Holy shit! Are you okay?!?" i hear them yell. I can't answer them as the grab me and drag me to a nearby shelter. 

WOOO FIRST CHAPTER DOWN!! 285 words total