Chapter 11:

Tara

"Tara!"

"Tara!"

I groaned turning in bed as Dez continued to yell my damn name.

"Tara!"

"What!?" I shout back finally getting sick of hearing him yell.

"Come here I wanna show you something!"

"Really?" I grumble into the pillow.

It probably took my a good five minutes to force myself out of bed, but I eventually did and made it downstairs.

To my surprise Dez was bringing a whole bunch of baby girl things in the house. Even had a pink polka dot Disney car seat.

"Um, what's all this?" I ask picking up a set of pink onesies.

"I brought some things for my daughter."

"Your daughter?" I ask raising my eyebrows.

"Uh, yeah. The baby. same thing." He said brushing it off like it was nothing.

When him saying that is really everything.

"Cool." I said nodding heading back towards the steps to go back upstairs.

"Where you going? You don't wanna see what I bought?" He called after me.

No. "I'm still sleepy Dez."

A tear fell from my eye before drifting back to sleep.

"You're dumb as fuck." I hear Shaun say as I make my way downstairs.

I just woke back up not to long ago, I did my morning routine, now I just wanted to bake.

"How the fuck am I dumb for buying shit for my daughter?"

"You don't even know if that baby is yours!" Nya shouts.

"Well what if she does turn out to be mine? I'll already have everything."

"Then what if she turns out not to be yours? You'll be done wasted ya fuckin money and time." Nya says back to him.

"Where's my son?" I ask not about to get in the middle of this shit.

"My mom got all of them." Shaun answers me. "Your mom said she's gonna be taking him for the night tho."

I nod walking past them into the kitchen.

"Tara you're cool with all this shit?" Nya asks.

I just looked at her before continuing my way past them into the kitchen. She should know the answer to that.

"She's quiet and about to go into baking mood that's not good." Shaun said.

"Yall are overreacting." Dez said.

"No you're overreacting." Nya said.

*

"So you'll be able to have her cake down in time for her birthday." The dude asks again.

I was at a coffee shop that lets me sit in and meet with clients every so often. This was my fourth and final one of the day.

"Yeah, no worries." I said.

"Uncle she's pretty, right?" The little girls asks.

"Yeah, she is." He said.

I laughing lightly smiling at the little girl, "You're pretty too mamas. I'm make sure your cake is as pretty as us. That's coo with you?"