Chapter 19

Chapter 19

“Can I ask you something?”

“No,” Caine flatly replied, while sitting up in the bed.

I had just woken up, but my mind quickly went back to what had happened the night before. Caine and Liam had left to talk.

They had taken so long, I ended up dozing up. By the time I woke up in the morning, I found Caine already awake, tenderly running the tips of his fingers over my arms.

“You don’t even know what I’m going to ask,” I whined.

“I have an idea.”

“Oh yeah, what am I going to ask?”

“You want to know what Liam and I discussed. I’m not telling you,” he said, making his way towards the bathroom.

I narrowed my eyes as I watched him go.

“Fine, don’t tell me!”

Before shutting the door to the bathroom, Caine turned to face me.

“I wasn’t going to,” he said.

After that episode, I stomped my way downstairs. Liam was in the hallway, and I passed by him on my way down. As soon as he saw me, he grinned.

“Don’t even think about it,” I said, knowing he was going to start taunting me.

“You’re in a mood,” Liam said, wrapping his arm over my shoulders.

“It’s your fault,” I snapped.

“Me? What did I do?” He asked, innocently.

He genuinely looked confused. I sighed and shook my head, just as we entered the kitchen.

“What did you and Caine talk about?”

“Oh, that.”

“Yes, that. What did you want with him?”

“To talk, I told you that last night,” he replied, but his voice had grown slightly serious.

“I want to know what you two discussed? It’s obvious you didn’t fight. Caine didn’t even complain about you today.”

“I thought that would make you happy.”

“I would be happier if you two told me what the hell happened last night. First, you two are trying to kill each other and then suddenly things are fine.”

“Things aren’t fine, but we did smooth things over,” Liam corrected.

“Why? How did you two smooth things over?” I asked, mockingly.

 “I confronted him about some things, he confronted me about others. Then we just made a deal,” he shrugged

“What deal?”

“I’m not telling you, at least not yet.”

Liam’s words did nothing to calm me down, but I was glad that he and Caine weren’t fighting anymore. As much as I tried though, I couldn’t make my curiosity go away.

After serving myself a glass of juice and warming up a hot pocket, I went back upstairs. It was going to be a busy day. Alpha Dylan and his Luna were going to arrive in a few hours.

Caine had just gotten out of the shower, and was running one of his hands through his hair, messing it up. He only had a towel wrapped around his waist.