CHAPTER 9

Roman Vasquez's POV

Truer to his words Daniel's plan began rolling the following morning when I emerged from my bedroom and heard someone from my kitchen. I decided to check and I felt myself smiling when I saw my wife in the kitchen cooking for me. I could finally admit that I liked Daniel St. Clair more than I care to admit.

What better plan Daniel thought evilly than to have my wife as my chef? My grandfather-in-law has a brilliant mind, I mused silently. I guessed I should have to thank Daniel for this later. I leaned in the kitchen doorway and studied my wife with interest.

Dios Santo, she's so beautiful when she was concentrating on cooking. She was too engrossed with her cooking that she didn't even notice me. I decided to make myself known. "That smells delicious, esposa. What is it?"

She gasped in surprise. The look on her face was priceless. I suddenly want to laugh at her expression. "Y-you! What are you doing here?"

I smirked at her stun face, moving closer to where she was cooking. "If I remember correctly this is my house, dearest. It's you that I have to ask. What are you doing in my kitchen, wife? A change of heart with our relationship?"

She frowned in my direction as if she's trying to remember something very important. "But I thought you already left for Spain by now? What are you still doing here in New York? What about your work back home?"

I tucked my hands in the middle of my chest and smile kindly at her. "Haven't I told you that I will be staying here for a few weeks? Besides, my business has a branch here so don't worry. I can do work from here."

"But-"

It's too obvious that she couldn't wait to send me away from her hometown and probably hoping I would not meet her family during my stay here. So I decided to change the topic. "What else a man would want in his life than his lovely wife cooks breakfast to him before he goes to the office."

"I'm not cooking breakfast for you." She looked away with unmistakable pink stains in her cheeks as she continues to sauté something on the pan.

"Really?" I asked nonchalantly, moving behind her just enough for her back to touch my body. My nostrils filled with a signature scent. "Then why the hell are you here, mi amor? In my home. In my kitchen. Just like in Seville."

"Oh..." She groaned softly, as I trailed little kisses in her neck. "Stop that...my Granddad asked me for a favor and..."

"And..?" I branded my arms around her slender waist and drew her closer towards me. Her rear was pressed to my groin. I hope this morning's seduction to my wife wouldn't backfire on me later.

"He asked me to do a little favor for him." She replied breathlessly, closing her eyes as if fighting the temptation. "You see, he told me that he has a new business associate and he wants to impress him. I just didn't expect that man would be you."

I laughed softly. Daniel St. Clair was more devious than I gave him the credit for. He managed my Red to play in the right palm of his hand within twenty-four hours of our meeting. He's one scheming grandfather.

"A small world, isn't it?" I told her innocently while enjoying her struggle for breath. I knew I had an effect on her like no other man ever achieved it. I murmured to her ear seductively. "Of all the people in the world your grandfather wants to please. He let you stumble to the husband you're trying to avoid so desperately, Red."

"Roman..."

", my wife?"

"This is not fair." She sighed deeply, as I run my hand slowly to her flat stomach. I would seduce her until she couldn't think straight anymore.